DO NOT PAY MONEY BEFORE GETTING A JOB!!. jobs-kenya KENYA DOES NOT RECRUIT!! BE WARNED!!
- Company: PSC
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Kenya
- served for a minimum period of three (3) years in the grade of Assistant Director Climate Change, Job Group ‘P’ (CSG 7) or in a comparable and relevant position in the public service;
- a Bachelor’s degree in any of the following disciplines: Environmental Studies, Environmental Science, Engineering; Environmental law, Environmental Planning and Management, Meteorology, Climatology, law, economics or any other related field from a recognized university in Kenya;
- a Master’s degree in any of the following disciplines: Environmental Studies, Environmental Science, Engineering; Environmental Law, Environmental Planning and Management, Meteorology, Climatology, Law, Economics or any other related field from a university recognized in Kenya;
- a proven track record of teamwork, leadership, good knowledge of international, regional and national obligations, policies and regulations relating to climate change;
- a good understanding of climate change negotiations and finance;
- a certificate in Strategic Leadership Development Programme lasting not less than Six (6) weeks from a recognized institution; and
- demonstrated professional competence, high integrity and leadership capability in work performance and results.
Duties and responsibilities at this level will include:-
- taking lead role in ensuring effective national preparation, participation and representation at conference of parties ( COPs) to the United Nations Framework on Climate Change Conventions (UNFCCC) including national inputs into the UNFCCC obligations and submissions as may be required;
- providing advice on policy issues relating to international climate negotiations;
- taking lead role in capacity building and reporting back to stakeholders on the outcomes of international conferences and advises on follow-up activities;
- participating in regional, sub-regional and stakeholders groups/constituencies process in formulating common positions and fronts in climate change negotiations and as well as climate change finance meetings;
- planning and operationalizing capacity building for national negotiations;
- Contributing to the preparation of the National Communication, and other international reporting requirements;
- coordinating climate change finance issues and engage with the National Treasury, private sector and civil society organizations on national climate finance matters.
- convening the Government /Donor Coordination Group meetings and fasttracking the follow-up actions; and
- building local capacity and sharing information on issues related to climate change negotiations, finance and carbon trading.
How to Apply
Applications are invited from qualified persons for the positions shown below.
Interested and qualified persons are requested to make their applications as follows:
by completing ONE PSC 2 (Revised 2016) application form. The form may be downloaded from the Commission’s websites.
Candidates should NOT attach any documents to the application form. ALL the details requested in the advertisement should be filled on the form.
Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted.
Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
THE PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION IS COMMITTED TO AVAILING EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES TO ALL KENYANS. PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES, THE MARGINALIZED AND THE MINORITIES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce originals of their National Identity Card, academic and professional certificates and transcripts during interviews.
Serving officers shall be required to produce the original letter of appointment to their current substantive post during the interview.
Completed applications should be sent or delivered to:
PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION
P.O. BOX 30095 – 00100
so as to reach the Commission on or before 12th November 2019