- Company: Embu County
- Location: Kenya
- State: Embu
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Kenya
Embu County Profile Embu County Government headed by H.E Governor Martin Wambora is one of the 47 counties in Kenya which came into operation after the March 4 2013 General Election. As an entity exercising constitutional authority, it is responsible for county legislation (outlined in article 185 of the Constitution of Kenya), executive functions (outlined in article 183), functions outlined in the fourth schedule of the constitution of Kenya, functions transferred from the national government through article 187 of the constitution of Kenya, functions agreed upon with other counties under article 189(2) of the constitution of Kenya, and establishment and staffing of a public service (under article 235 of the Constitution of Kenya).
LAND, PHYSICAL PLANNING, URBAN DEVELOPMENT, HOUSING, WATER AND IRRIGATION, ENVIRONMENT AND NATURAL RESOURCES
JOB GROUP T
VACANCY NO. CPSB 35/20
Terms of Service: Two (2) years Contract
Duties and Responsibilities
- To supervise the administration and delivery of services in the respective departments of the County Government and all decentralized units and agencies in the County.
- Perform any other functions conferred on it by the Constitution or national legislation: and iii. Carry out any function incidental to any of the assigned functions.
Requirements for Appointment
For appointment to this position, the person should: Be a Kenyan citizen
- Be in possession of a first degree from a University recognized in Kenya
- Satisfy the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution
- Have knowledge, experience and distinguished career of not less than five years in the field relevant of the portfolio of the department to which the person is seeking to be considered.
- Understand the diversity, challenges and opportunities within the County.
- Should not hold any other State or Public Office.
- Be conversant with the Constitution of Kenya and all the devolution laws
- Be a visionary and strategic thinker.
- Have the ability to work in a multi-ethnic and multi-cultural environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity.
- Have capacity to work under pressure to meet strict deadlines
- Be committed to be part of a team that will enable the County Government achieve her vision.
Note: Applicants are required to get clearance from the following institutions to meet requirements of Chapter Six of The Constitution of Kenya:
- Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
- Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC)
- Directorate of Criminal Investigation (DCI)
- Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
Method of Application
- National Identity Card
- Academic, Professional Certificates and testimonials
- Any other relevant supporting documents.
- Only short listed candidates shall be contacted.
- The reference number of the position being applied MUST be indicated on the envelope and the Application
- Embu County Public Service Board is an equal opportunity employer hence does NOT charge any fee for recruitment.
- Any candidate who directly or indirectly canvases shall lead to automatic disqualification.