- Company: Tetra Tech International Development
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: - - Accounting Jobs in KenyaAdministrative/Secretarial Jobs in KenyaFinance Jobs in Kenya
Tetra Tech International Development (http://www.tetratech.com/intdev) is currently accepting expressions of interest from qualified candidates for Director of Administration and Finance on an anticipated USAID-funded program in Kenya.
The anticipated five-year USAID-funded STAWI Activity will seek to improve water security in target counties in northern (Turkana, Marsabit, Samburu, Isiolo, Wajir, Garissa) and southeastern (Taita Taveta, Makueni, Kitui) Kenya by working closely with county governments and water service providers.
The anticipated objectives of the STAWI Activity are to improve water resources and service governance, strengthen water service delivery, improve access to and management of water for productive use, and integrate activities within collaboration, learning, and adaptation-based framework.
The potential position will be based in Kenya for the life of project.
- Manage office operations, human resources, and administration while ensuring strong financial oversight and compliance with USAID regulations.
- Collaborate with the U.S.-based project management team to ensure smooth budget management, as well as forecasting both near-term and long-term project expenditures.
- Ensure that project staffing needs are filled in a timely manner.
- Oversee and ensure that staff adhere to Tetra Tech, STAWI, and USAID policies.
- Supervise administrative and support staff performance and deliverable quality related to procurement, grants, and accounting.
- Master’s Degree (or higher) in a relevant field (i.e., Master’s in Business Administration), preferred but not required.
- Five (5) years of experience managing administrative and support staff, and ensuring overall project compliance with USAID policies and financial and procurement regulations.
- Demonstrated financial management experience on USAID or other large donor-funded projects.
- Professional fluency in English required.
- Kenyan nationals are strongly encouraged to apply.