- Company: Embu County
- Location: Kenya
- State: Embu
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Kenya
Embu County Profile Embu County Government headed by H.E Governor Martin Wambora is one of the 47 counties in Kenya which came into operation after the March 4 2013 General Election. As an entity exercising constitutional authority, it is responsible for county legislation (outlined in article 185 of the Constitution of Kenya), executive functions (outlined in article 183), functions outlined in the fourth schedule of the constitution of Kenya, functions transferred from the national government through article 187 of the constitution of Kenya, functions agreed upon with other counties under article 189(2) of the constitution of Kenya, and establishment and staffing of a public service (under article 235 of the Constitution of Kenya).
LAND, PHYSICAL PLANNING, URBAN DEVELOPMENT, HOUSING, WATER AND IRRIGATION, ENVIRONMENT AND NATURAL RESOURCES
VACANCY NO. CPSB 38/20
Terms of Service: Five (5) Years Contract
The Embu County Government wish to recruit competent and qualified person to take up position as member of Embu Municipal Board, in line with the requirements of section 14 of the Urban Areas and Cities Act 2011 Section 13, which requires gender equity, representation of persons living with disability, youth and marginalized groups when appointing members of the municipal boards. The following are the requirements:
- Must be a Kenyan citizen
- Must ordinarily be a resident of Embu County or have a permanent dwelling in Embu or carries on business in Embu or have lived in Embu for at least five years.
Must satisfy the requirements of Chapter six of the Constitution. Must have clearance from the following: –
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC)
- Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
- Directorate of Criminal Investigation (DCI)
- Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
- Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
- Must be a person living with disability (PWD) and be registered with the National Council for Persons with Disabilities (NCPWD)
- Recommendation from the National Council for Persons with Disabilities.
Method of Application
- National Identity Card
- Academic, Professional Certificates and testimonials
- Any other relevant supporting documents.
- Only short listed candidates shall be contacted.
- The reference number of the position being applied MUST be indicated on the envelope and the Application
- Embu County Public Service Board is an equal opportunity employer hence does NOT charge any fee for recruitment.
- Any candidate who directly or indirectly canvases shall lead to automatic disqualification.