DO NOT PAY MONEY BEFORE GETTING A JOB!!. jobs-kenya KENYA DOES NOT RECRUIT!! BE WARNED!!
- Company: Wadhwani Foundation
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Kenya
The Wadhwani Foundation ’s focus in Africa is to establish scalable models for supporting young startups to stabilize and establish their businesses for scale. The objective is to establish scale operations that catalyze hundreds and thousands of startups with structured and nuanced support models with measurable outcomes of growth and new jobs; through mutually beneficial partnerships with organizations that share these goals; through leveraging technology platforms to create stronger access, and enable high standards of delivering services and connects.
Additionally, the initiative expects to create a strong pipeline of entrepreneurially inclined and skilled young professionals and graduates in tens of thousands annually through its structured engagement with higher education campuses and young professionals. These young people will be able to leverage opportunities to solve problems in their country and region through new startups and other leadership roles.
In East Africa, the Foundation expects to establish these programs and other relevant activities that have high leverage with measurable outcomes within the next 2 years. A leader for this initiative would be responsible for providing the operational strategy to meet the goals and outcomes, and lead and manage the execution of these programs across East Africa.
Key functional responsibilities:
- Help young professionals and college graduates start and sustain new businesses with the potential for high growth
Work with the university channel partners and other ecosystem stakeholders aligned to the goals to establish WF model for creating new entrepreneurs
- Establish ‘Startup Labs’ run by student leaders to support student entrepreneurs through a structured pathway of learning, mentoring, coaching and access to funding channels
- Establish ‘Venture Fast Track’ program at University or other incubators, accelerators and designed to support a young aspiring or new entrepreneur to advance their startup and lead it to sustainability and growth.
- Inspire, signup and engage high quality mentors and coaches excited to contribute to building the next generation of startups in the region
- Help to localize the Wadhwani Support platform for startups with content, local mentors, coaches and relevant connects from the region
- Market the programs successfully to sign up partners and to attract and engage the highest quality professionals and students aspiring to be entrepreneurs, student entrepreneurs and startups.
Skills & Experience:
- 15+ years of experience with at least 5 years launching and managing outcome driven programs from end to end while managing teams
- Experience working across at least 3-4 countries in the region including Kenya
- Experience in the startup ecosystem including an understanding of what startups need to succeed
- Experience with incubators, accelerators and higher education entrepreneurship ecosystem
- Very comfortable working with technology platforms as a key enabler in delivering services to the stakeholders
- Very crisp and strong communication, written, spoken, and presentation oriented
- Ability to hold their own with conviction when working with senior leadership including heads of incubators, senior entrepreneurs and mentors.
- Good people management skills and strong project management skills.
How to ApplyInterested and qualified? Go to Wadhwani Foundation career website on www.linkedin.com to apply