Environment & Climate Change Secretary Jobs, PSC Jobs
Salary Scale: Kshs.166,780 – Kshs.322,040 pm. (CSG 4)
Terms of Service: Permanent and Pensionable
- served for a minimum period of eighteen (18) years and currently serving in the grade of Deputy Director CSG 6 and above or a comparable position in the Public Service;
- a Bachelors degree in any of the following disciplines:- Environmental Science, Environmental Planning and Management, Natural Resource Management, Environmental Law, Environmental Governance, Environmental Policy or any other related field from a recognized institution;
- a Masters degree in any of the following disciplines:- Environmental Science, Environmental Planning and Management, Natural Resource Management, Environmental Law, Environmental Governance, Environmental Policy or any other related field from a recognized institution;
- a certificate in Strategic Leadership Development Programme lasting not less than six (6) weeks from a recognized institution;
- vast experience in community/ local level natural resources management approaches;
- demonstrated experience in environmental governance and donor funding;
- demonstrated expertise and experience in environmental and related sectoral policies in national development agenda; and
- demonstrated professional competence, high integrity and leadership capability in work performance and results.
Duties and Responsibilities at this level include:
- Offering technical leadership and vision in matters of environmental/ natural resource management in the country;
- Formulation, interpretation and monitoring environment and natural resources and related sectorial policies;
- Communicating environment and natural resource policies to the departments and related sectorial policies;
- Overall coordination of the environmental and natural resource programmes in the Ministry;
- Linking environment and natural resources issues from the respective departments and parastatals and the Ministry headquarters;
- Advising the Government on environmental legislation and its implications;
- Identifying bottlenecks that constrain the smooth implementation of environmental and natural resource policies;
- Developing and implementing linkages with regional and international organizations and stakeholders on environmental and natural resources matters and ensuring domestication of international environment agreements and protocols;
- Stating Government positions on environment and natural resource policies in management Boards and institutions; and
- Forge linkages and promote environment mainstreaming in Government and in all sectors of the economy.
How To Apply
Applications are invited from qualified persons for the positions shown below.
Interested and qualified persons are requested to make their applications as follows:
- by completing ONE PSC 2 (Revised 2016) application form. The form may be downloaded from the Commission’s websites.
- Candidates should NOT attach any documents to the application form. ALL the details requested in the advertisement should be filled on the form.
- Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted.
- Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
- THE PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION IS COMMITTED TO AVAILING EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES TO ALL KENYANS. PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES, THE MARGINALIZED AND THE MINORITIES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce originals of their National Identity Card, academic and professional certificates and transcripts during interviews.
Serving officers shall be required to produce the original letter of appointment to their current substantive post during the interview.
Completed applications should be sent or delivered to:
PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION
P.O. BOX 30095 – 00100
so as to reach the Commission on or before 12th November 2019