- Company: Old Mutual Kenya
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Kenya
Old Mutual Kenya is based in Nairobi and is part of a larger group that offers solutions in long-term savings, asset management and investment. We offer solutions to individuals and corporates underpinned by our core values which are: Respect, Integrity, Accountability and Pushing beyond boundaries.
This role is individually accountable for supporting the Group CEO UAP Old Mutual East Africa in ensuring that the operations of the business including central support units function optimally over periods of 1-2 years. The GCOO is responsible for the daily operation of the company, and routinely reports to the Group CEO.
KEY TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Achieve results through an effective business strategy and plan, operating model and effective management of the UAP Old Mutual footprint. Building and aligning the organisational capability to deliver on the strategy.
- Achieves and maintains business empowerment, responsible business and transformation objectives and targets. when combined this represents responsibility for end to end customer solution management/outcomes
- People development, risk and quality management, and innovation to drive growth.
- Improves customer experience and overall competitiveness of UAP OLD MUTUAL through strategic business transformation initiatives.
- Leads and sponsors strategic transformation change in all UAP OLD MUTUAL Kenya businesses, ensuring that employees at all levels clearly understand and are committed to the strategic change agenda.
- Proactively shapes and responds to the socio-political, regulatory and economic environment in respective Kenya businesses in order to improve competitiveness.
- Ensures an Integrated customer proposition across UAP Old Mutual Kenya Businesses based on customer needs resulting in generating greater customer value and improved customer experience and persistency.
- Embeds risk and governance framework in the UAP Old Mutual Kenya businesses.
- Ensures UAP Old Mutual Kenya business operations has clean audit, risk and compliance reports.
- Effectively influences key stakeholders and regulators in UAP Old Mutual Kenya businesses to enable sustainable growth into new markets, as well as to strengthen our position in existing markets.
Strategy Implementation Development and alignment
- Accountable for UAP Old Mutual Kenya Businesses vision, strategy and business results.
- Designs and implements a pan-regional growth strategy on a multi-country, multi-product and multi-channel basis, including expansion of distribution capability and product range, and the building of a robust back office/support platform in the region.
- Leads the growth and visibility of UAP Old Mutual Kenya in new markets in Africa beyond those active currently.
- Effective multi-business leadership development and management.
- Designs and implements a pan-regional growth strategy on a multi-business, multi-product and multi-channel basis, including expansion of distribution capability and product range, and the building of a robust back office/support platform in the region.
- Delivers a strong UAP Old Mutual presence and grows profit.
- Develops and implements effective business practices across a diverse portfolio of multi-channel businesses, in different markets, cultures, languages and regulatory environments.
- Provides strong business leadership to all business functions creating an ambitious corporate culture
- Embeds risk and governance framework in business.
- Implements a common Brand across all Kenya Businesses.
- Develops and implements a policy framework for Enterprise Programmes and Governance across UAP Old Mutual Kenya Businesses.
- Ensures effectiveness of financial reporting in the UAP Old Mutual Kenya businesses.
- Ensures integration of business processes in line with the IFS strategy
- Ensures clean audit, risk and compliance reports.
- Manages the pipeline of talent in existing and new markets, including building succession plans across all functions of the business to ensure that the necessary depth of talent for channel leadership is available.
- Postgraduate or Masters degree in Commerce or Business Management
- Business Related Degree
Bachelors Degree (B), Diploma (Dip)