- Company: African Wildlife Foundation
- Location: Kenya
- State: Kenya
- Job type: Internship
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Kenya
The African Wildlife Foundation, together with the people of Africa, works to ensure the wildlife and wild lands of Africa will endure forever.
The Tsavo-Mkomazi Landscape Intern will assist the supervisor in the advancement of the Tsavo-Mkomazi’s Landscape Strategy. The Tsavo-Mkomazi Landscape Intern will work with other Species Conservation and Science team members and other AWF team members within the Tsavo-Mkomazi Landscape to contribute towards overall goals and objectives of the program. This position will report to the Tsavo-Mkomazi Landscape Manager and will be based in Voi Town, Kenya.
- Assist in coordinating AWF’s Counter Wildlife Trafficking Programs in Tsavo-Mkomazi Landscape (80%).
- Assist in organizing and delivery of projects under AWF’s Wildlife Cybercrime Investigation Program.
- Attend court and secure data on wildlife crime investigation, prosecution and adjudication.
- Analyze wildlife cybercrime cases and other wildlife crime cases and document processes, outcomes and lessons learnt to improve prosecution and sentencing.
- Liaise with supervisor to assist in implementation of various projects within the landscape.
- Assist in report writing and documentation of results and outcomes.
- Carry out any other duties that may be assigned from time to time by the landscape manager in support of the landscape program (20%).
- Bachelor’s Degree in Criminology and Criminal Justice, Law, International Relations, Wildlife Management, Environmental Management or any relevant Social Science.
- Fluency in English and Swahili.
- Strong report writing skills.
- Computer skills.
- Ability and willingness to travel.
- Commitment to AWF and its mission
- Previous experience in a wildlife conservation organization is an added advantage