- Company: Volunteer Service Overseas (VSO)
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Kenya
Voluntary Service Overseas (VSO) is an international development charity with a vision for a “world without poverty” and a mission to “bring people together to fight poverty”. VSO recruits professionals to work as volunteers, living and working alongside local populations in developing countries. Founded in 1958, VSO has sent over 50,000 volunteer. As of 2015 VSO worked in 23 countries in Africa, Asia and the Pacific.
The purpose of the post is to provide leadership and management in the implementation of Right to Education and Life for Children with Disabilities project (RELi) and contribute in realization of IE programme’s team objectives; Providing staff and volunteers’ duty of care, strengthening partnerships and programme networks, effective delivery of IE thematic area and improved documentation of proven practices and knowledge sharing
Skills, qualifications and experience
Holder of Bachelor of Education degree with specialisation in Special Needs or inclusive education. A result driven individual with qualification in development, project management knowledge and experience preferably in Inclusive Education projects. An individual with excellent communication, influencing, people management, strategy development and implementation skills. Competencies and Behaviour
At VSO we believe progress is only possible by working together. Whether you want to join us as an employee, or as a volunteer working in your own country, overseas or online, our selection process includes an assessment based on these core competencies:
- Ability to be open minded and respectful
- Ability to be resilient and adaptive to new situations
- Ability to facilitate positive change and build sustainable working relationships
- Ability to seek and share knowledge
- VSO promotes equal opportunities and values a diverse workforce.
- VSO reserves the right to close this job early if we receive a sufficient number of applications.