Resource Mobilization Assistant Director Jobs, PSC Jobs
Basic Salary Scale Ksh. 85,110 – Kshs. 119,730 p.m. (CSG 7)
- a minimum period of nine (9) years and currently in the grade of Principal Resource Mobilization Officer, CSG 8 or in a comparable and relevant position in the Public Service;
- a Bachelors degree in any of the following disciplines: Economics, Economics and Statistics, Economics and Mathematics, Computer Science, Information Technology or any other equivalent qualification from a University recognized in Kenya;
- a Certificate in any of the following: Public Debt Management, International Relations and Diplomacy, Monitoring and Evaluation, Project Management, Debt Management Performance Assessment, Debt Sustainability Analysis, Macro Economic Analysis and Modeling, Financial Modeling/Reporting, Public Debt Restructuring or equivalent qualification from a recognized University in Kenya;
- experience in negotiations and Foreign Aid Management;
- attended Senior Management Course in a recognized institution; and
- demonstrated professional competence as reflected in work performance and results.
NOTE: Possession of Masters degree will be considered as an added advantage.
An officer at this level will be responsible to the Deputy Director, Resource Mobilization.
Specific duties and responsibilities include:
- planning, appraising, monitoring and evaluating projects;
- liaising with domestic and external partners on budgeting, counterpart funding, disbursements and reimbursements of funds:
- recommending duty and Value Added Tax (VAT) exemptions for Donor funded projects;
- carrying out due diligence on new debt instruments;
- participating in issuance of public debt instruments and negotiating domestic and external loans;
- drafting and vetting the terms and conditions for guarantees;
- reviewing financing and credit agreements for loans, grants and donations;
- representing Treasury in the Auction committee meetings at the Central Bank of Kenya (CBK);
- reviewing borrowing proposals, loan agreements and participating in loan negotiations;
- educating and updating investors on the economic performance;
- preparing briefs on market feedback and anticipated market reactions to policy changes; and
- preparing and disseminating country memoranda to market participants.
How To Apply
Applications are invited from qualified persons for the positions shown below.
Interested and qualified persons are requested to make their applications as follows:
- by completing ONE PSC 2 (Revised 2016) application form. The form may be downloaded from the Commission’s websites.
- Candidates should NOT attach any documents to the application form. ALL the details requested in the advertisement should be filled on the form.
- Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted.
- Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
- THE PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION IS COMMITTED TO AVAILING EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES TO ALL KENYANS. PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES, THE MARGINALIZED AND THE MINORITIES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce originals of their National Identity Card, academic and professional certificates and transcripts during interviews.
Serving officers shall be required to produce the original letter of appointment to their current substantive post during the interview.
Completed applications should be sent or delivered to:
PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION
P.O. BOX 30095 – 00100
so as to reach the Commission on or before 12th November 2019