- Company: Bank of Africa Kenya Limited
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Kenya
BANK OF AFRICA – KENYA LIMITED (BOA-KENYA) is a commercial bank providing banking services to corporate, SME and retail clientele.
Reporting to the Department Executive (Lending Operations) or designate, the Secretary will perform, coordinate and oversee administrative duties while providing an extensive level of support to the Supervisor and team, to enable the Department to work more efficiently and effectively towards reaching the Bank’s goals.
The Secretary is responsible, but not limited to the following functions:
- Assist the Department Executive, with daily administrative duties and complete a broad variety of administrative tasks including managing an active calendar of appointments; completing expense reports; composing and preparing correspondence; arranging complex and detailed travel plans, itineraries and agendas and compiling documents for meetings.
- Balance conflicting priorities in order to manage workflow, ensure the completion of essential projects and meeting critical deadlines.
- Communicate directly and on behalf of the Manager with departmental staff and externally on matters related to Bank/departmental initiatives.
- Provide varied levels of administrative and secretarial support to the Co-Heads of Lending Operations, as well as Lending Operations staff.
- Support the day-to-day workflow and prioritizing various assignment and preparing briefing materials.
- Prepare travel documentation (Visas, Tickets, etc.) to ensure the Manager’s travel logistics are properly handled.
- Draft correspondences, schedule appointments, organize internal and external meetings for Lending Operations teams. Prepare meeting minutes, designate and follow up on assigned action items.
- Prepare timely and accurate internal reports including the expense report for the department to track budget utilization.
- Collect and maintain up-to-date data records that facilitate the compilation of reports including NDFs, approvals, commitment and disbursements and Fees.
- Develop and maintain an accurate documentation and filling system (physical & electronic) to facilitate easy access and retrieval.
- Compile departmental input into the Annual Report and Board Paper for review and submission to management.
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned.
Qualifications and Competencies
- Bachelor’s degree in Public / Business Administration or related discipline. An MBA or Diploma in Secretarial Sciences / Office Management as added advantage.
- A minimum of 5-8 years of relevant professional experience in a regional / international corporate, banking or DFI environment.
- Adept in office systems software / equipment with strong information technology skills with excellent IT skills in MS Office (Excel and PowerPoint in particular) and SAP ERP.
- Exceptional organization and time management skills, with proven experience completing a high volume of concurrent tasks and responsibilities in a fast-paced setting with excellent attention to detail.
- Superb communication skills (oral and written) with a concise, clear, and compelling style.
- Ability to work effectively without constant and direct supervision or guidance.
- Resourceful, strategic problem-solving ability with a positive ‘can do’ attitude.
- Exhibit sound judgment and ability to make reasonable decisions in the absence of direction.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Team player and ability to juggle with multiple, changing priorities.
- Strong organizational and planning skills, tact and discretion.
- Fluent in English with working knowledge of French and/or Portuguese as added advantage.