Senior Assistant Commissioner For Labour Jobs, HR Jobs, PSC Jobs
Basic Salary Scale: Ksh.97,320 – Ksh. 130,420 p.m. (Job Group ‘Q’)
- served for a minimum period of three (3) years in the grade of Assistant Commissioner for Labour, Job Group ‘P’, or in a comparable and relevant position in the public service;
- a bachelors degree in any of the following disciplines- Human Resource Management Planning/Development, Law, Business Administration, Economics, Sociology, Psychology, Anthropology, Statistics; Labour Relations or Industrial Relations from a university recognized in Kenya;
- a masters degree in any of the following disciplines: Labour Relations, Industrial Relations, Human Resource Management, Development, Planning, Law, Business Administration, Economics, Sociology, Psychology, Anthropology, Statistics, Labour and Development Studies, Public Administration, International Relations from a university recognized in Kenya;
- a certificate in Strategic Leadership Development Programme lasting not less than six (6) weeks from a recognized institution; and
- Demonstrated professional competence, managerial and leadership qualities.
- initiating and implementing labour policies and programmes;
- coordinating staff training matters;
- coordinating field services;
- ensuring proper and effective functioning of the National Labour Board and Wages Council;
- coordinating the attestation of foreign contracts of employment;
- vetting and recommending issuance of work permits; and
- participating in the coordination of International LabourOrganisation (lLO) , International- Organization of Immigration (lOM), African Union (AU) – (Labour and Social Affairs Commission), East African Community (EAC) meetings and Conferences.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified persons are requested to make their applications as follows:
- by completing ONE PSC 2 (Revised 2016) application form. The form may be downloaded from the Commission’s websites.
Completed applications should be sent or delivered to:
PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION
P.O. BOX 30095 – 00100
- Candidates should NOT attach any documents to the application form. ALL the details requested in the advertisement should be filled on the form. It is an offence to include incorrect information in the application. Details of academic and professional certificates not obtained by closure of the advert should not be included.
- Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted.
- Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
- The Public Service Commission is committed to implementing the provisions of the Constitution – Chapter 232 (1) on fair competition and merit, representation of Kenyans diverse communities and affording equal employment opportunities to men and women, members of all ethnic groups and persons with disabilities. THEREFORE, PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES, THE MARGINALIZED AND THE MINORITIES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
- Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce originals of their National Identity Card, academic and professional certificates and transcripts during interviews.
- It is a criminal offence to present fake certificates/documents.
- Serving officers shall be required to produce the original letter of appointment to their current substantive post during the interview.
Applications should reach the Commission on or before 8th July 2019 (Latest 5.00PM)