Senior Assistant Office Administrator Jobs, Administration Jobs, KURA Jobs
(JG 7) – REF: KURA/CS/HRM&A/19/12 (2 POSTS)
- Preparing and responding to routine correspondences;
- Managing protocol;
- Drafting letters;
- Recording dictation in shorthand and transcribing it in typewritten form;
- Typing from drafts, manuscripts or recording from dictation machines;
- Processing data;
- Ensuring good office layout;
- Operating office equipment;
- Attending to visitors/clients;
- Handling telephone calls and appointments;
- Ensuring security of office records, documents and equipment;
- Undertaking administrative work and management of the office; and
- Guiding and supervising lower secretarial personnel.
Qualifications For appointment to this grade, an officer must:-
- Have a minimum of five (5) years relevant work experience in a position in Public Service or Private Sector.
- Have the following qualifications from the Kenya National Examinations Council:
Typewriting III (50 w.p.m.)/Computerized Document Processing III
Shorthand II (80 w.p.m.
Business English III/Communications II
Office Practice II
Secretarial Duties II
Office Management III/Office Administration and Management III
- Diploma in any of the following fields: Secretarial Studies, Business Management, Business Administration or other relevant and equivalent qualifications from a recognized institution;
- Have a certificate in Computer Applications (Windows, MS-Word, MS Power Point, MS Excel , MS Access and Internet) from a recognized institution;
- Be proficient in computer applications;
- Fulfill the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution; and
- Demonstrate merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results.
The successful candidates may be required to work either at the Headquarter Offices or any of the Regional Offices as the case may be. Candidates will be expected to fulfil the requirements of Chapter Six (6) of the Constitution. Specifically, they must obtain and attach copies of clearance certificates from the following institutions/organizations;
- Kenya Revenue Authority;
- Higher Education Loans Board;
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission;
- Criminal Investigations Department
- Credit Reference Bureau
How To Apply
Interested candidates who meet the above criteria should apply for the positions by downloading the KURA Job Application Form from www.kura.go.ke , fill and submit together with their updated CVs and copies of National Identity Card, copies of all certificates & testimonials including Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya clearances, details of their day time contacts, names, contacts of three referees.
The application should be mailed (by post office/courier service) or hand delivered so as to reach the Director General by 5.00 pm on Tuesday, 16th July 2019. All envelopes/applications should have the respective job reference number clearly marked and addressed to the following address:
The Director General
Kenya Urban Roads Authority (KURA)
IKM BUILDING, Tower B, 5th Ngong Avenue, Opposite Bishops Gate
P.O. Box 41727-00100, GPO, NAIROBI
Applications without the KURA Job Application Form will not be considered. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
The Kenya Urban Roads Authority is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, Youth, Persons Living with Disabilities and persons from marginalized communities/areas are encouraged to apply