Senior Deputy County Commissioner Jobs, PSC Jobs
Basic Salary Scale: Ksh. 98,500 – Ksh. 166,780 P.M. (CSG 6)
Terms of Service: Permanent and Pensionable
- served as a Deputy County Commissioner II/ Under Secretary for a minimum period of three (3) years;
- a Bachelor’s Degree in any Social Science or its equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- a Master’s Degree in any Social Science or its equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- a certificate in Strategic Leadership Development Programme lasting not less than six (6) weeks in a recognized institution;
- a Certificate in Administrative Officers’ Induction Course lasting not less than four (4) weeks;
- passed Administrative Officers’ Examinations;
- a Certificate in Administrative Officers’ Paramilitary Course lasting not less than three (3) month from a recognized institution;
- a Diploma in Public Administration (DPA);
- Advanced Public Administration (APA) Certificate;
- shown merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results.
Duties and responsibilities at this level will include:
- coordination of National Government functions which include;
- promoting cohesion, integration and patriotism to enhance peace and national unity;
- handling complex administrative;
- social-economic and political issues;
- managing and coordinating Government functions and activities;
- coordinating management of security;
- coordinating implementation of decisions of the Security and Intelligence Committees;
- handling public complaints;
- facilitating citizen participation in the development and implementation of Government policies;
- interpreting and disseminating Government policies, programmes and projects;
- coordinating and ensuring enforcement of lawful administrative actions/decisions;
- coordinating national and state functions;
- managing and maintaining administrative boundaries, security roads, airstrips and vital installations;
- coordinating campaigns against drugs, alcohol and substance abuse;
- providing agency services for other Government institutions;
- conducting civil marriages;
- implementing Presidential and Government directives;
- convening and chairing the Security and Intelligence Committee; and
- monitoring the implementation of Government programmes and projects and compiling reports.
How To Apply
Applications are invited from qualified persons for the positions shown below.
Interested and qualified persons are requested to make their applications as follows:
- by completing ONE PSC 2 (Revised 2016) application form. The form may be downloaded from the Commission’s websites.
- Candidates should NOT attach any documents to the application form. ALL the details requested in the advertisement should be filled on the form.
- Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted.
- Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
- THE PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION IS COMMITTED TO AVAILING EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES TO ALL KENYANS. PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES, THE MARGINALIZED AND THE MINORITIES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce originals of their National Identity Card, academic and professional certificates and transcripts during interviews.
Serving officers shall be required to produce the original letter of appointment to their current substantive post during the interview.
Completed applications should be sent or delivered to:
PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION
P.O. BOX 30095 – 00100
so as to reach the Commission on or before 12th November 2019