Director General Job, Latest Director Jobs In Kenya,
Location: Headquarters, Nairobi
The Position of the Director-General (DG), Job Group, TRA 1 in Tourism Regulatory Authority (1 Position). The position of the Director-General is established pursuant to section 14(1) of the Tourism Act, 2011.
Requirements for the Appointment
For appointment to this Grade, a candidate must have;
- Advanced degree in the field of tourism or any other tourism-related discipline from a recognized institution.
- At least ten years of experience in the relevant field at the senior management level.
- All the requirements of chapter six of the constitution of Kenya.
- Proven leadership qualities, problem-solving and negotiation skills, excellent team building and organizational skills, and evidence of being a strong team player; and
- Demonstrated understanding of the National goals and policies and ability to develop objectives and translate them
- into the Authority’s policies, programs, and projects.
- A certificate in leadership development lasting not less than six weeks from a recognized institution in Kenya will be an added advantage.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Director-General shall be responsible for:
- The day-to-day management of the affairs of the Authority shall be answerable to the Board of the Authority in the performance of his functions.
- Spearhead Formulation of guidelines and prescribe measures for sustainable tourism throughout the country;
- Oversee Regulation of tourism activities and services countrywide, in accordance with the national tourism strategy;
- Provide strategic Leadership in Registering, licensing, and grading all sustainable tourism and tourist-related activities and services including cottages and private residences engaged in guest house services;
- Coordinate development and implementation, in consultation with relevant stakeholders, criteria for standardization and classification of tourism facilities and services;
- Provide Leadership in Developing and regulating, in consultation with the Ministry for the time being responsible for matters relating to education, tourism and hospitality curriculum, examination, and certification;
- Oversee Development and implementation of code of practice for the tourism sector;
- Ensure the development and implementation of a high-quality tourism sector;
- Oversee monitoring and assessment of tourist activities and services to enhance continuous improvement and adherence to sound principles and practices of sustainable tourism;
- Coordinate annual assessment and audit of tourism activities and services, measures, and initiatives at the national level, and prepare and publish an annual national tourism sector status report, in consultation with the Cabinet Secretary and relevant lead agencies; and
- Provide Leadership to senior management and staff.
- Prepare the annual budgets and establish proper internal controls
- Be responsible for the execution and communication of the Board’s strategies, decisions and policies.
- Perform any other functions that are ancillary to the object and purpose for which the Authority is established.
How to Apply
Interested qualified candidates are required to submit their applications in soft copy to email address:
Applicants must provide detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV) (current employer, current remuneration, and names and contacts of at least three referees familiar with the applicant’s professional and work record, whom the Authority may contact for more information) and testimonials. Applications should be addressed to: –
Board of Directors
Tourism Regulatory Authority Board
Qualified Applicants must obtain and present clearance certificates from the following institutions during the interviews: –
- Kenya Revenue Authority
- Higher Education Loans Board
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission
- National Police Service
- Credit Reference Bureau
The deadline for submission of all applications in the close of business on 27th May 2022 .
Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.