- Company: HydroIQ
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Kenya
HydroIQ is a smart metering device that is plugged into the existing water supply network, turning the traditional water system into a smart water grid. HydroIQ is installed at the households to monitor consumption in real-time, and allow consumers to pay for only the water they consume on a pay as you go basis using mobile money.
We are looking for an ambitious Junior Accounting and Admin officer to provide support to manage daily accounting tasks and overall company admin processes on a paid internship position based in Nairobi.
- Post and process journal entries to ensure all business transactions are recorded
- Attend to and manage general admin work
- Update accounts receivable and issue invoices
- Update accounts payable and perform reconciliations
- Assist in the processing of balance sheets, income statements and other financial statements according to legal and company accounting and financial guidelines
- Assist with reviewing of expenses, payroll records etc. as assigned
- Update financial data in databases to ensure that information will be accurate and immediately available when needed
- Prepare and submit weekly/monthly reports
- Assist senior accountants in the preparation of monthly/yearly closings
- Assist with any other assigned accounting projects
- Proven experience as a junior accountant
- Excellent organizing abilities
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good with numbers and figures and an analytical acumen
- Good understanding of accounting and financial reporting principles and practices.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office Suite and familiarity with relevant computer softwares (QuickBooks, Wave accounting, etc.)
- Qualifications ( ACCA or CPA) is a plus but not required
- BSc/Ba in accounting, finance or relevant field.