- Company: Safaricom Kenya
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: - - - Accounting Jobs in KenyaAudit Jobs in KenyaFinance Jobs in KenyaSafaricom Jobs in Kenya
Safaricom is the leading provider of converged communication solutions in Kenya. In addition to providing a broad range of first-class products and services for Telephony, Broadband Internet and Financial services, Safaricom seeks to uplift the welfare of Kenyans through value-added services and support for community projects.
We are pleased to announce the following vacancy in Financial Services Assurance within Financial Services Division. In keeping with our current business needs, we are looking for a person who meets the criteria indicated below.
Reporting to Senior Manager – Financial Services Assurance, The incumbent will assure Safaricom’s Financial services revenues through billing integrity in order to ensure closure/mitigation of any possible leakages in line with revenue assurance policies.
- Ensure that all M-PESA tariffs, ands, rating and billing systems are accurately set up and are aligned with the approved business rules to ensure minimal revenue loss.
- Ensure completeness and accuracy of M-PESA balances through balance monitoring checks.
- Ensure accuracy of the M-PESA E-value balances through reconciliations between the E-value and M-PESA trust account balance.
- Provide assurance on M-PESA commissions and any other direct costs, through performing an end-to-end reconciliation of all commissions rolled up and paid both per agent and commission type.
- Provide assurance on any M-PESA commission arbitrage and ensure accuracy in the computation of related clawback
- Provide assurance on M-PESA archived funds following churned/ deleted customers.
- Ensure all Financial Services products & promotion are assured through conducting comprehensive risk assessments
- Provide Revenue Assurance support for M-PESA related system upgrades/expansions
- Continuously review the operating environment within M-PESA to identify new and emerging risks and advise the organization on the various means to mitigate the identified risks.
- A graduate with a degree in Computer Science, IT.
- Professional certification in Oracle, unix/linux, risk management and information systems
- Relevant post-graduate education is an added advantage
- Professional certification in Auditing, Accounting, Risk Management or Information systems is an added advantage.
- Have at least 2 years’ experience in Risk Management, Strategy Planning & management of business process improvement at a senior level
- Prior experience in formulation & implementing commercial & mobile fraud prevention processes, detection, and investigation models
- Ability to analyze significant amounts of data and information and distill it to the key points that help senior management analyze risk in a given situation.
- Have strong analytical skills
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills
- High level experience and skills working with stakeholders