- Company: KCB Bank Kenya
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: IT/Telecom Jobs in Kenya
- Collaborate with other IT staff to ensure smooth and reliable operation of software and systems for fulfilling business objectives and processes.
- Implement and adhere to regular systems maintenance policies and procedures, including change request mechanisms and update schedules to ensure optimum uptime and service availability.
- Conduct research on software systems products to justify recommendations and to support purchasing efforts.
- Participate in system acquisition process; propose and create system design models, specifications, diagrams, charts and implementation roadmaps to provide strategic direction to the business.
- Administer the assigned Systems at Application level and connected databases – define and optimize database structures, content and processing flows through appropriate Data Definition, Data Manipulation and Data Control Languages.
- Perform recovery and testing of systems and processes in accordance with the company’s disaster recovery and business continuity strategies.
- Create and maintain documentation as it relates to system configuration, mapping, and processes.
- Create and maintain best practice policies and procedures for business users; ensuring that there are adequate controls around that all service improvements are managed effectively and meet the needs of the organization.
For the above position, the successful applicant should have the following:
- University degree from a recognized institution preferably in IT or related field.
- Professional qualifications such as MCSE/MCITP, OCP, MCDBA, LINUX/UNIX is required.
At least 3 years Technology experience with hands on experience in:
- Computing platforms, operating systems and databases.
- Application software installation and support.
- Quality assurance in relation to large & complex computer systems, applications & databases.
- Experience in methods & techniques for installation, administration, monitoring, upgrading and problem resolution of central application software systems.
- Knowledge and experience in basic budgeting, contracting, purchasing practices, policies and procedures in an IT environment.
- Exceptional communication, presentation, and customer relationship skills.