CEO Job, Finance Jobs Kenya 2021,
VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT – CEO (Re-advertisement)
The Association of Startup & SMEs Enablers of Kenya (ASSEK) is a business membership organization operating in Kenya that aims to bring together and represent the interests of organizations supporting the development and growth of startups and SMEs for maximum impact.
ASSEK is recruiting a CEO. He/she will join a young, vibrant team with a great vision to push the five pillars of ASSEK to become the driving force for an entrepreneurial economic breakthrough of Kenya. The CEO will work alongside a committed Board, team of colleagues and partner organizations in the delivery of our mission and vision.
- Create, communicate, lead, and implement the vision, mission, and overall direction.
- Oversee fundraising, planning and implementation.
- Responsible for operational, human resources and financial effectiveness of the company.
- Create, improve, implement, and enforce policies and procedures.
- Represent the Association in ecosystem activities and events to build the ASSEK brand.
- Develop organization wide performance measurement and impact assessment indicators.
- Maintain communication with and reporting to the Management
- Ensure growth of the membership through diverse member activities and programs.
- Manage and oversee projects and programs and ensure compliance.
- Build and manage excellent working relationships with the Kenya government, media, donors, sponsors, and other stakeholders.
- Demonstrate entrepreneurship ecosystem awareness and knowledge. He/she must have worked with SMEs or startup member organizations as a consultant, employee, or partner in a highly involved capacity. (Mandatory)
- Experience working with donors, funders, and grant programs (Mandatory)
- Must have satisfactorily served in a management position for a minimum of 5 years.
- Proven track record in resource mobilization and management.
- Proven people management and leadership skills in a multi-cultural environment
- Proven ability in relationship building through negotiations and networking with key stakeholders such as donors, members, and government agencies.
- In-depth understanding of project/program management and policy work.
- Have a high degree of integrity and dependability.
- Have excellent communication, interpersonal and analytical skills.
- Ability to work independently and perform well under pressure.
- A bachelor’s degree with at least 8 years working experience and continuous relevant training/learning.
How to apply
To apply please send your CV and application letter to [email protected] by 25 th June 2021 . Only successful candidates will be contacted. ASSEK is an equal opportunity employer.