- Company: Nairobi City County Public Service Board
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: - - Education/Teaching Jobs in KenyaIT/Telecom Jobs in KenyaNairobi County Jobs in Kenya
Our mission is tp provide affordable, accessible and sustainable quality services, enhancing community participation and creating a secure climate for political,social and economic development through the commitment of a motivated and dedicated team.
- Bachelor’s degree in library studies/ library and information science or
- Bachelors in any of the following disciplines with library option: Education; Information Science; Information Studies; Science or Technology in Information Science from a recognized institution;
- Possess Leadership skills, Communication skills, Interpersonal skills, Organizational skills, Ability to work under pressure, Negotiation skills, Ability to build and lead cohesive teams, Problem solving skills.
- Must meet the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya on Leadership and integrity.
- Overall management and administration of the library by assisting the Deputy Director in coordinating, monitoring implementation of library information policies, standards and guidelines;
- Compiling information for determination of optimal staffing levels;
- Coordinate the preparation of the library work plans, setting performance targets and budget estimates, guiding, supervising, coaching and mentoring staff;
- Ensuring networking and collaboration with other service providers and domesticating international library and information service standards, procedures and norms;
- Conducting research on disaster planning mitigation and recovery procedures;
- Collaboration with other information service providers;
- Assist in coordinating cataloguing, acquisition, storage, circulation, preservation, conservation, weeding, classification, indexing and abstracting information services;
- Coordinating retrieval of information;
- Coordinating interlibrary loan services;
- Assist in Compiling information for determination of optimal staffing levels;
- Preparation of budget and funding proposals for the library; and
- Any other duties that may be assigned by the Director Community Development and Library Services