- Company: Maisha Bora Sacco
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: IT/Telecom Jobs in Kenya
Reporting to ICT Manager
To provide MIS/IT support and administer/monitor Local and Wide area network (LAN & WAN) of the organization
To deliver key information services necessary to all operations of MBS and ensure smooth technical integration of new releases of the application
To assist in computerization & automation of manual reports and resolve technical problems that may occur in the working environment of MBS ASSISTANT ICT MANAGER.
- Build database systems of high availability and quality depending on each end user’s specialized role
- Design and implement database in accordance to end users’ information needs and views
- Use high-speed transaction recovery techniques and backup data Minimise database downtime and manage parameters to provide fast query responses
- Provide proactive and reactive data management support and training to users
- Determine, enforce, and document database policies, procedures, and standards Perform tests and evaluations regularly to ensure data security, privacy, and integrity
- Monitor database performance, implement changes and apply new patches/versions when required
- Responsible for maintaining and administering the data center networks including but not limited to, the delivery of network planning, design, implementation & optimization services.
- Develop, implement, and monitor a strategic, comprehensive enterprise information security and IT risk management program.
- Liaising with the third-party providers, providing services to the Commission on schedules to undertake the works, and supervising them during the implementation process to ensure that quality and timely service are provided.
- Provides technical support to the integrated software program and provides the software developer with continuous feedback on its operation.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of existing security measures, such as firewalls, password policies, and intrusion detections systems.
- Configure, enforce, and maintain both logical and physical controls are adhered to as per the Commission ICT and information security policy.
- Supervises the IT staff
- Maintains data security (backup, safeguard against loss and theft of data, prevention of viruses, etc.)
- Ensures the integrity and security of passwords and other codes (e.g., supervisor code) by implementing regular change and accountability acknowledgment by the staff
Network & Connectivity
- Coordinates the implementation of Network Security within the Branch Local Area Networks and the Institution WAN
- Responsible for maintenance, configuration, and reliable operation of computer systems, network servers, and virtualization.
- Performs daily administrative server functions including back up, recovery, disk space management, configuration, and installs networked software programs plus upgrading server software.
Necessary Qualifications and Skills :
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Information Technology/Business Information Technology or Telecommunication Engineering from a recognized university
- Database system certification
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE) or Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) or Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) or Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) or Certified Information Security Auditor (CISA) or Certified Unix Administrator and any additional relevant ICT certifications
- Membership to a relevant professional body
- Six (6) years of service in a comparable position from a reputable organization.
Skills and Desired Qualities :
- Working knowledge of virtualization, VMware, or equivalent
- Strong knowledge of systems and networking software’s, hardware, and networking Protocols
- Strong understanding of database deployment monitoring and management
- Working knowledge and experience of switching and routing protocols.
- Working knowledge and experience in networks/systems monitoring tools and Protocols
- Meets the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution
- Knowledge in professional standards
- Ability to identify customer needs, develop service standards and deliver service Excellence
- High level of integrity and Interpersonal skills
- Ability to deliver results in a complex and dynamic environment
- High level of attention to detail
- Ability to work well with teams
- Ability to work with minimum supervision under strict deadlines