Biology Teacher Jobs, Teaching Jobs, Nova Pioneer Jobs
4 months contract
Nova Pioneer, Tatu Girls Campus- Kiambu County
Nova Pioneer is looking for a superstar Biology teacher who will play a critical role in delivering an exceptional 21st Century education.
This is an exciting short term opportunity to be a part of an innovative network of schools that is developing generations of innovators and leaders who will shape the African Century.
About Nova Pioneer
A school that cares about individual students and allows them to explore the world around them. A school that focuses more on developing skills than on memorizing content.
Nova Pioneer is a pan-African, independent network of schools offering high quality, accessible education from pre-primary through secondary school. Nova Pioneer uses a unique, enquiry-based learning approach that encourages students to ask “why” instead of telling them the “what”.
It allows them to form their own thinking through exploration, investigation and collaboration.
- Teaching Biology.
- Maintain positive, constructive and professional relationships with students, their families, and colleagues.
- Create a classroom environment that is conducive to learning, is developmentally appropriate to the maturity and interests of the students, and maintain an organized and focused learning environment.
- Infuse joy and passion for learning in lessons and so that students are excited about and invested in their academic excellence.
- Provide necessary accommodations and modifications for the growth and success of all students.
- Be accountable for students’ mastery of academic standards.
- Integrate interactive technology into lessons to enhance instructional delivery.
- Set and communicate rigorous and ambitious goals for all students and provide student feedback so they internalize them.
- Provide consistent rewards and/or consequences for student behavior.
- Consistently meet the ambitious goals of a rapidly-growing organization.
- TSC certification and relevant Bachelors of Education Degree in Teaching.
- 3+ years’ experience.
- You are a great communicator. You are able to provide a clear and effective written and verbal communication to the leadership team
- You are flexible and open to change – you handle uncertainty, complexity and ambiguity well.
- You are a problem solver – you are proactive in identifying issues and address these thoroughly by making effort to find appropriate solutions.
- You are excited about our organizational culture and in particular, you are fired up to challenge yourself by embracing mutual vulnerability and a firehose of feedback.
- Retired or BOM teachers are highly encouraged to apply.
How to Apply
Does working at Nova Pioneer excite you? If so, then apply here: https://novaacademies.applytojob.com/apply/VPQj0cWunP/Biology-Teacher-4-Months-Contract
To apply, please complete the form on the right hand side of this page. We cannot process applications that are emailed to us.
Please note: Where a copy of your resume is required, copying and pasting from a formatted document e.g. Microsoft Word may not result in the formatting transferring correctly to the final resume. You are encouraged to attach your resume in PDF format to protect formatting.
There are a series of stages in the Nova Pioneer interview process and candidates will be moved forward in the process depending on their success in the previous stage. The process is as follows:
- Phone interview : a short conversation to understand your skills and experience a little better and test for culture fit.
- Practical demonstration of what you can do : you will sit a written assessment and deliver a demonstration (demo) lesson related to the subject you are applying for. This will take place at one of our campuses.
- In-person/ feedback interviews : Post the demo lesson; you will have a feedback session with the interviewing panelist.