- Company: HFC Limited
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Kenya
HFC is the banking and property finance subsidiary of HF Group, offering fully fledged commercial banking and property finance solutions. These competitive solutions are customized to meet the unique needs of our customers. These include Retail Banking, Trade Finance, SME banking, Asset Finance & insurance Premium Financing, plot loans, construction financing, home loans, project finance and equity release solutions. The bank has a branch network of 25 branches and has invested in alternative channels to enhance accessibility and convenience for customers.
Reporting To: Branch Business Manager
Overall Job Purpose
The Branch Operations Manager will be responsible for managing branch operations by ensuring controls and procedures are observed in order to mitigate risk and losses.
- Manage cash by ensuring dual controls and limits are observed so as to avoid fraud losses.
- Approve transactions by confirming suitability to minimize losses
- Review transactions by confirming the transactions against system generated reports to ensure accuracy
- Manage customers accounts by ensuring adherence to product features to minimize customers complaints and loses.
- Attend to customers queries by ensuring that they are resolved within set standards to enhance customer satisfaction
- Appraise staff by half-yearly reviews to ensure targets are met and training needs identified.
- Manage costs by monitoring Branch expenditures to ensure Branch is within the budget
Minimum Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience
- A business related degree from a reputable institution, Masters’ degree is an added advantage.
- Professional qualifications- AKIB/ CPA/ACCA.
- At least 5 years’ experience in the Banking Industry especially at the branch management level.
- Strong appreciation of banking operations and product knowledge.
Key Competencies and Skills
- Ability to work independently under strict deadlines.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Analytical and basic accounting skills
- Demonstrated good planning and organisation skills.
- Strong leadership and management skills.
- Report writing and presentation skills.
- Excellent People management skills
- Team player and must have integrity.