- Company: Davis & Shirtliff
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Engineering Jobs in Kenya
The Davis & Shirtliff Group is the leading supplier of water related equipment in the East African region. Founded in 1946, business activities are focused on six principal product sectors – Water Pumps, Boreholes, Swimming Pools, Water Treatment, Generators and Solar Equipment. The group is Kenyan based and operates through a network of Kenyan branches as well as regional subsidiaries in Uganda, Tanzania, Zambia, Rwanda, South Sudan and a partnership in Ethiopia.
Davis & Shirtliff, the leading provider of water and energy related equipment in the region has a vacancy for a CAD Technician to support our new and upcoming projects/products across the group. Reporting to the Design and Documentation Coordinator, principal responsibilities will be to ensure all the works are carried out in accordance with the necessary specifications and that the company monitoring procedures are adhered to.
- Meeting with clients and other construction professionals to understand briefs and scope.
- Drawing sketches, plans and designs for the group.
- Creating 3D Solidworks production drawing for manufactured products
- Creating exploded diagrams for product manuals, re-assembly and installation procedures
- Estimating material costs and project costs and preparing Bills of Material.
- Working to specifications, budgets and timelines.
- Supervising engineering works and projects across the group.
- Computer structural analysis works on structural designs
- Working within and incorporating design regulations and codes in production drawings.
- Providing supervision and assistance on drawings and details to technicians doing assembly work.
- Diploma in Computer Aided Design / Mechatronic Engineering from a recognized institution or its equivalent.
- 5 years of experience in a similar role in a busy manufacturing company.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in Solidworks and AutoCAD
- Solid and proven technical background
- Strong organizational Skills
- Be a natural forward planner, credible and comfortable dealing with company executives
- Excellent organizational and presentation skills and ability to work well with teams.
- Integrity, hard work ethic, confident and a good business sense.
- Ability to deal with a rapid paced / multi-tasking environment.
- Valid driving license is an added advantage