Catering Associate Manager Jobs, Catering Jobs, Nova Pioneer Jobs
We are looking for an exceptional Catering Associate Manager to manage the catering team operations at our upcoming Nova Pioneer Boys and Girls high school boarding campuses based in Eldoret.
This is an exciting opportunity to be a part of an innovative network of schools that are developing generations of innovators and leaders who will shape the African Century.
ABOUT NOVA PIONEER
Imagine a world in which every young person across Africa attends a school that truly sets them up for success in the 21st century. A school that cares about individual students and allows them to explore the world around them. A school that focuses more on developing skills than on memorizing content. At Nova Pioneer, we have done more than just imagine this future, we are bringing it to life. Nova Pioneer is a pan-African, independent network of schools offering high quality, accessible education from pre-primary through secondary school. Nova Pioneer uses a unique, enquiry-based learning approach that encourages students to ask “why” instead of telling them the “what”. It allows them to form their own thinking through exploration, investigation and collaboration. Nova Pioneer currently has 10 schools in South Africa and Kenya with a vision to launch 100 schools and reach tens of thousands of students across the African continent in the next decade. To learn more visit www.novapioneer.com.
ABOUT YOUR ROLE
You will be responsible for planning, administering and supervising catering services, achieving good quality within budget constraints, and maintaining high standards of hygiene, whilst providing leadership to the catering team.
Other responsibilities are:
- Supervise preparation, cooking and timely meals service, of adequate meals for students, teammates and any school functions requiring catering services.
- Delegate and schedule catering teammates workplans that will best support efficient day to day operations.
- Provide coach ing, mentorship and leadership to the catering team through regular team meetings.
- Identify training needs within the team and propose in-house/ external training as required
- Ensure continual quality improvement of the food safety program and raising any concerns that require immediate attention
- Analyse and prepare timely food cost reports on a regular basis and outline clear action plans from the reports
- Develop a variety of menus within budget based on client’s meals experience and provide continous improvement contigency plan based on client’s feedback.
- Order, store and issue catering ingredients inventory to different vendors to ensure continuous demand and supply
- You have at least 5 years of work experience working in a busy kitchen/ institution Experience in a busy school setting is an added advantage
- You have a Diploma in Food and Beverage or Hospitality Management
- You have a valid vaccination card
- You are proficient in Microsoft computer packages MS Word, Excel
- You are trained in HACCP principles
- You know how to thrive in a high demand, hyper-growth situations; you have probably worked at a successful and rapidly scaling organization
- You have strong communication and interpersonal skills
- You love building things, you sweat the small stuff, and you take pleasure in excellence more than credit or status
- Our culture resonates deeply with your values—and in particular, you are excited to challenge yourself by embracing mutual vulnerability and frequent feedback
- You are always putting yourself in other people’s shoes—your natural empathy, curiosity, and people-reading skills help you understand your team and students/customers better than most people around you
- Your past supervisors have consistently perceived you as one of the rising stars in the organization
- You are skilled at drawing the most important conclusions from mountains of operational data and translating that learning into rapid improvement
How to Apply:
Does working at Nova Pioneer excite you? If so, then apply now!
We cannot process applications that are emailed to us.
Please note: Where a copy of your resume is required, copying and pasting from a formatted document e.g. Microsoft Word may not result in the formatting transferring correctly to the final resume. You are encouraged to attach your resume in PDF format to protect formatting.
Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis until the right candidate is identified. Only qualified candidates will be invited for interviews.