- Company: PalmPay
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: IT/Telecom Jobs in Kenya
PalmPay is a next generation mobile wallet that empowers anyone with a smartphone to open a financial account, send money and make payments. Available on Android and iOS.
We are looking for a Java Application Developer with experience in building high-performing, scalable, enterprise-grade applications. Such a developer will be part of a talented software team that works on mission-critical applications.
- Managing Java/Java EE application development while providing expertise in the full software development lifecycle, from concept and design to testing
- Designing, developing, and delivering high-volume, low-latency applications for mission-critical systems
- Contribute to all phases of the development lifecycle
- Write well designed, testable, efficient code
- Ensure designs are in compliance with specifications
- Prepare and produce releases of software components
- Support continuous improvement by investigating alternatives and technologies and presenting these for architectural review
- A degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
- Proven hands-on Software Development experience
- Proven working experience with over 3 years in Java development
- Hands-on experience in designing and developing applications using Java EE platforms
- Object-Oriented analysis and design using common design patterns.
- Profound insight of Java and JEE internals (Classloading, Memory Management, Transaction management, etc)
- Familiar with Redis, MySQL and also Understand web service, HTTP protocol
- Experience in the Spring Framework 2 and hands-on with AWS cloud server.
- Experience in developing web applications using at least one popular web framework