DO NOT PAY MONEY BEFORE GETTING A JOB!!. jobs-kenya KENYA DOES NOT RECRUIT!! BE WARNED!!
- Company: National Bank of Kenya
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Kenya
Reporting to the Risk Committee of the Board and administratively to the Managing Director, the position is responsible for the consistent, effective and efficient management of the Bank’s Risk Management Framework (policy, procedures, method and infrastructure) to enable identification, management and mitigation of risk to the Bank’s strategy and plans. The Risk spectrum includes Operational, Compliance, Ethics and Reputational, Information, Market Risk and Credit Risk.
- Development and implementation of a comprehensive Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) infrastructure that integrates risk management with the Bank’s strategic management process
- Leads and Directs the Risk Division Team
- Setting appropriate Risk Management KPIs that facilitate SMART management of risk across the Bank
- Developing and sustaining a risk management culture across the Bank
- Proactive environment scanning for possible risk events ahead and building risk mitigations to preempt and reduce impact of the identified risk events
- Serving as the key link between the Board Strategy Committee and management in setting the risk appetite for the Bank and assisting the Board and Management in monitoring and management of risks
- Ensuring implementation of appropriate Risk Control Self-Assessment (RCSA) discipline for each Business/Department in the Bank
- Ensuring full compliance to AML/CFT, KYC and other regulatory requirements across the Bank
- Ensuring timely reporting of risk events at the appropriate level
- Is a member of the Bank’s Executive Management Committee (EMC)
- Manage the Bank’s Risk Strategy and Management framework with formal monitoring and reporting to the Risk Committee of the Board, the Managing Director and the EMC. This is done in cooperation with the Divisional Directors and Heads of Department of the Bank.
- Ensure that the bank policies are approved by the management and the board and that all Policies and Procedures are current and updated regularly
- Custodian of the Bank Policies and Procedures; taking a leading role in reviews of the Bank’s risk control policies, processes, data analysis and corresponding controls
- Actively participating in Assets and Liabilities Committee (ALCO) of the Bank and providing critical input to help drive decision making on the optimal level of Risk Return trade-offs on transactions, products and business segments
- Develop/communicate/maintain/review risk management policies, business risk appetites and risk limits and ratings, risk KPIs for the Bank
- Establishment of fraud risk warning model and monitoring system, and quantitative analysis of risk data
- Identification of governance loop holes in operating procedures and recommendation of appropriate segregation of duties and responsibilities
- Dipstick risk management and compliance checks across the Bank
- Facilitate Bank-wide risk assessments and monitors priority risks across the Bank ensuring risk and compliance arrangements are in place.
- Manage the provision of an independent risk management view regarding proposed business plans and transactions
- Liaison with regulators on best practice and innovations in Risk Management and ensuring these are embedded within the Bank.
Qualifications and Requirements
- A University degree in a business–related field with risk management related professional qualifications
- At least 8 years’ experience in risk management with at least 5 years’ experience of senior management at head of department level or above in a commercial bank.
- Demonstrated expertise in development, maintenance and execution of an enterprise risk management framework
- In depth knowledge of Banking Operations, Risk and Controls
- Good understanding of CBK prudential guidelines, Basel Rules, Banking Act, IFRS and other relevant statute related to the role
- Evidenced knowledge and understanding of the current banking and financial services operating environment, trends and practice, related regulatory and governance guidelines and requirement, and applicable laws.
- Demonstrable interpersonal skills with proven people, leadership, communication and negotiation skills
- High level of integrity and passion for driving governance
How to ApplyInterested and qualified? Go to National Bank of Kenya on nbk.taleo.net to apply