DO NOT PAY MONEY BEFORE GETTING A JOB!!. jobs-kenya KENYA DOES NOT RECRUIT!! BE WARNED!!
- Company: McKinsey & Company
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Kenya
McKinsey & Company is a global management consulting firm. We are the trusted advisor to the world’s leading businesses, governments, and institutions.
We work with leading organizations across the private, public and social sectors. Our scale, scope, and knowledge allow us to address problems that no one else can. We have deep functional and industry expertise as well as breadth of geographical reach. We are passionate about taking on immense challenges that matter to our clients and, often, to the world.
- Undergraduate degree required; Masters degree preferred
- 5+ Years of work experience in international projects
- 2+ Experience working with external government clients
- Experience working with investment promotion agencies or their equivalent
- Experience in complex areas such as customs, tax, exports, trade, enterprise zone, infrastructure, and financing issues
- Experience in development of value chains/ sectors in market systems (i.e. making markets work for the poor) methodologies
- Experience working with and coordinating cross- cultural teams
- Fluency in English
Who You’ll Work With
As the Invest Africa Country Coordinator for Kenya, you will be based in Nairobi and will support the Country Lead on delivery programme activities (both technical assistance and transactions) within the country. You’ll work closely with potential investors in developing opportunities.
Invest Africa is DFID’s large scale investment promotion programme aimed at driving the economic transformation needed to create jobs for the future and set African countries on a trajectory out of poverty.
This group intends to work with international companies (investors and investment recipients) to build a significant pipeline of investment to ‘kick-start’ manufacturing in Africa, while ensuring that this FDI benefits local economies as widely as possible and does not cause harm.
Invest Africa also works with African governments to support the attraction and retention of more and stronger FDI in key manufacturing sectors and to raise the political profile of manufacturing FDI in Africa. It also will provide flexible technical assistance to increase investment in African manufacturing, tailored to the individual country needs. This could include identification of barriers to investment, creation of investment promotion agencies, development of local content units to serve as a matchmaker between investors and companies, trade facilitation, development of special economic zones, etc.
What You’ll Do
You’ll be responsible for generating demand for the programme and overseeing all programme activities within the country.
You’ll generate and support demand for programme services while implementing day to day activities in the country supporting the country lead.
You’ll also coordinate with and influence relevant partners to further the overall Invest Africa programme objectives and share knowledge within the programme.