- Company: Deloitte Consulting
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: IT/Telecom Jobs in Kenya
Deloitte Consulting is a leading provider of innovative development solutions to U.S. and international donors, foundations, governments, and Fortune 500 companies. With member firm presence in more than 150 countries, we bring the power of a global firm and leverage our immense technical expertise and firm capabilities to bring integrated approaches to US Agency for International Development.
The Risk Advisory Function integrates powerful and practical solutions in cyber security, strategy, regulation and controls, backed by deep business knowledge across multi-disciplinary teams, to help our clients take the opportunity to connect, build resilience and security for a more positive outcome.
Deloitte East Africa currently has an exciting opportunity for a dynamic individual to join our Risk Advisory Department – Risk Services as a Cyber Security Manager. This position will be based in our Nairobi office in Kenya.
Main purpose of the job
The incumbent will support the partner in delivery of services to/at client premises on delegated engagements/projects. He/she will promote our leadership capabilities which are living our purpose, influence, performance drive, strategic direction and talent development.
What you will do
- Support the Partner on delivery of designated engagements and manage the implementation of the agreed deliverables;
- Lead teams to provide high-quality, professional day-to-day execution of engagements and projects in line with the Firm’s risk management practices for clients across a wide range of industries;
- Supervise teams and provide coaching, quality assurance reviews, time management, and ensure constant delivery of high-quality outputs;
- Manage assignment budgets, control costs and report on exceptions;
- Identify, deliver, and manage cyber security opportunities and engagements including areas around infrastructure security, application security, network security;
- Work with client’s to define scope, objectives and roadmaps for cyber security assessments and design projects;
- Generate innovative solutions on engagements in collaboration with team members to enhance / renew service offerings to clients;
- Oversee the preparation of proposals/tenders and presentations;
- Identify and recommend innovative, automated and analytics driven approaches to assess and design security controls; and
- Contribute to personal and overall team development, by staying up to date with cyber security related news, technical and regulatory developments.
- A Bachelor’s degree in any discipline from a recognized university.
- At least six (6) years’ relevant work experience.
- Two (2) years’ work experience in a client facing role in professional services firm is an added advantage.
- A recognized professional qualification in relevant area of competency e.g. CCNA, CISA CIA, ACCA, CPA CFE, CFA, CEH is an added advantage.
- Experience in managing teams.
- Proficient in report writing, presentation and interpersonal skills, including excellent written and verbal communications.
- Experience in managing and improving engagement effectiveness and efficiency.
- Strong leadership skills both on engagements and in an office environment.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- Strong ability to manage relationships and work for results.
- Good negotiation skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Effective interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Strong client delivery focus
- Adaptable, managing change and ambiguity with ease
- Focus on quality and risk
- Exceptional planning and organizational skills.
- Ability to work as an effective team member in a complex and fast paced environment.
- Knowledge of enterprise application assessments including controls and security design reviews
- Expert in field with sound industry and business knowledge.
- Proven ability to manage and execute projects.
- Experience in drafting and presenting client proposals.
- Strong client management and people skills.
- Excellent report writing skills.
- Sound business acumen.
- Excellent writing skills.