Business Analyst Job, Finance Jobs Kenya 2021,
Deloitte is a leading provider of world-class professional services dedicated to providing value added solutions to our clients. We take pride in our reputation for providing a globally consistent quality service, an integrated approach and world-class expertise. Deloitte is renowned for its innovative and collaborative culture, where talented people work closely with like-minded individuals to achieve collective success.
Deloitte East Africa(EA) provides seamless cross-border services to multinationals, large national enterprises, small and medium sized enterprises and the public sector, across the EA region: Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania.
A career with Deloitte offers you the opportunity to engage with and work alongside leading corporations within the East African region, and an opportunity to start and grow your career within a dynamic and rewarding environment. You will get the support, coaching and training needed to advance your career in Kenya and within the East Africa market.
What impact will you make?
At Deloitte, we have a clear purpose, to make an impact that matters to our clients, our colleagues and our communities. From professional development to leadership opportunities and career advancement, we empower our people to be their very best – because that is how you make an impact.
Main Purpose of Job
Deloitte East Africa currently has an exciting opportunity for a dynamic person to join our Consulting team as a Business Analyst . The holder of this position will ensure that all client assignments are carried out to the highest standards in order to provide outstanding value to clients and the Firm; making an impact that matters; and setting the direction to deliver exceptional client service.
- · Execute consulting and any other engagements assigned in the Firm as per Deloitte’s methods, workplans, reporting templates.
- · Develop engagement deliverables and present to clients as per scope of work and tasks assigned on the engagement.
- · Manage engagements on day to day basis as assigned by the engagement manager/partner.
- · Compile engagements status report as required by the engagement manager/partner.
- · Participate in proposal writing and presentations.
- · Work on quality and risk processes for pursuits and engagements as per the Firm’s policy.
- · Carry out research on various topics as required by the manager/partner.
- · Support engagement operational tasks including reviewing work in progress, generating invoices and following up collections with the client.
- · Understand engagement planning and performance metrics like profitability and ensure assigned tasks are executed within the planned metrics.
- Bachelors Degree.
- IT related professional qualification: CISA, CCNA, Prince II, PMP, certificate in leading ERP solutions (Microsoft/SAP/Oracle), Java Developer, MCSE, etc.
- At least 2 years of work experience in software development, systems. implementation, applications/infrastructure support or consulting/advisor y.
Key Performance areas
· Support the engagement manager/partner on delivery of designated engagement / project and implementation of the agreed deliverables.
· Manage engagement budgets through accurate budgeting, cost control and profitability management.
· Ability to manage own work against the project plan to ensure a superior client experience.
· Ability to diagnose a problem, conduct analysis, and develop solutions for client problems.
· Ability to gather and interpret financial information to help strengthen proposed recommendations.
· Ability to articulate thoughts and ideas in a clear and composed manner to instill confidence in team and clients.
· Ability to present a cogent idea or case using clear and concise messaging, and support using appropriate data and tools.
· Ability to effectively interact with colleagues and clients of varying backgrounds to effectively serve clients.
· Ability to develop and share reusable assets that can be readily applied to new projects.
- Experience in software development or systems implementation or applications/infrastructure support or consulting/advisory.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good organization and planning skills.
- Good project management skills and ability to optimise projects.
- Ability to apply ethical and professional standards.
Your role as a leader
At Deloitte, we believe in the importance of leadership at all levels. We expect our people to embrace and live our purpose by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters.
Leadership / Behavioural Capabilities
· Living our Purpose – Identifies and embraces our purpose and values and puts these into practice in their professional life.
· Influence – Builds relationships and communicates effectively in order to positively influence peers and other stakeholders.
· Performance drive – Seeks opportunities to challenge self; teams with others across businesses and borders to deliver and takes accountability for own and team results.
· Strategic direction – Understands objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligns own work to objectives and sets personal priorities.
· Talent development – Develops self by actively seeking opportunities for growth, shares knowledge and experiences with others, and acts as a strong brand ambassador.
How you’ll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there is always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help build world-class skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world.
From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. Every day, Deloitte people are making a real impact in the places they live and work. We pride ourselves on doing not only what is good for clients, but also what is good for our people and the communities in which we live and work—always striving to be an organization that is held up as a role model of quality, integrity, and positive change. Learn more about Deloitte’s impact on the world. https://www2.deloitte.com/global/en/pages/about-deloitte/articles/impact-that-matters.html
How to Apply
To the successful candidates, the Firm will offer a competitive and performance driven remuneration package, a highly energized team environment comprising individuals who are committed to working as one, producing results and enjoying it.
If you meet the above requirements, please visit our website and apply online: www.deloitte.com/ke
Closing date: 27 August 2021
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not ask individuals to pay any fees or money as part of the recruitment process.