- Company: Embu County
- Location: Kenya
- State: Embu
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Kenya
Embu County Profile Embu County Government headed by H.E Governor Martin Wambora is one of the 47 counties in Kenya which came into operation after the March 4 2013 General Election. As an entity exercising constitutional authority, it is responsible for county legislation (outlined in article 185 of the Constitution of Kenya), executive functions (outlined in article 183), functions outlined in the fourth schedule of the constitution of Kenya, functions transferred from the national government through article 187 of the constitution of Kenya, functions agreed upon with other counties under article 189(2) of the constitution of Kenya, and establishment and staffing of a public service (under article 235 of the Constitution of Kenya).
LAND, PHYSICAL PLANNING, URBAN DEVELOPMENT, HOUSING, WATER AND IRRIGATION, ENVIRONMENT AND NATURAL RESOURCES
JOB GROUP ‘Q’
VACANCY NO. CPSB 37/20
Terms of Service: Permanent & Pensionable
Duties and Responsibilities
- Support the Municipal manager in ensuring that the Municipality operates in accordance with the Mission and policies set by the Municipal Board.
- Provide leadership, oversight and direction for smooth, effective and efficient operation of the Municipality.
- Implementing, reviewing and interpreting administrative policies, strategies, procedures and programmes.
- Facilitating maintenance of infrastructure and facilities within the Municipality
- Managing Municipality assets.
- Enforce service delivery in the Municipality.
- Facilitate mobilization and ensuring prudent utilization of resources.
- Facilitate citizen participation in the development of policies, plans and delivery of services in the Municipality.
- Ensure compliance with legal, statutory and regulatory requirements in the Municipality.
- Identify Development projects in the Municipality
- Disseminating information to the Public within the Municipality
- Providing linkage between the office and the public.
- Develop and foster effective collaboration between various departments, staff leadership and other affiliated services to ensure an integrated approach to providing services and fulfilling the Municipality’s vision, Mission and Mandate.
- Develop and work towards ensuring appropriate administrative and staffing the Municipality.
- Such other functions as may be delegated to by the Municipal Manager.
Requirements for Appointment
- Bachelor degree in any of the following disciplines: Business Administration/Management, Community Development, Education or any other social science from a recognized university.
- Master’s degree in in any of the following: Business Administration/Management, Community Development, Education or any other social science from a recognized university.
- Certificate in Computer application skills from a recognized institution
- Have served and has proven experience in administration or management either in public or private sector for a term of at least three years.
Satisfy chapter six of the constitution of Kenya 2010. Must obtain clearance from the following: –
- Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
- Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC)
- Directorate of Criminal Investigation (DCI)
- Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
Method of Application
- National Identity Card
- Academic, Professional Certificates and testimonials
- Any other relevant supporting documents.
- Only short listed candidates shall be contacted.
- The reference number of the position being applied MUST be indicated on the envelope and the Application
- Embu County Public Service Board is an equal opportunity employer hence does NOT charge any fee for recruitment.
- Any candidate who directly or indirectly canvases shall lead to automatic disqualification.