Electrical Technician Jobs, Technical Jobs, Kabete National Polytechnic Jobs
JOB GROUP J
This position is responsible for provision of technical support to the Departmental Head and trainees, contributing to students learning experience by assisting with the preparation of materials and apparatus for practical work.
- Lay out, build, test and troubleshoot electronic and electrical components, equipment and units.
- Perform inspections on electronic equipment and components to determine problems and need for troubleshooting.
- Troubleshoot and repair mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic and electrical systems including controls, power supplies and test equipment.
- Install, start up and shut down equipment and units to test their functionality according to the polytechnics protocols.
- Assemble electronic systems based on established technical specifications and ensure that correlating repair and maintenance needs are fulfilled.
- Create cable and wiring connections in a safe and accurate manner, and perform regular inspections to identify defects and replacements.
- Provide recommendations for upgrades and modifications to improve system performance.
- Develop prototypes to provide feasibility analysis and conduct correlating product presentations
- Create and maintain inventory of tools and equipment required for testing and repairing purposes.
- Perform tests on electronic equipment and analyze and interpret test data, creating reports for review.
- Provide support in adjusting, calibrating and aligning components and units and record performance metrics.
- Have practical experience in repair of measuring equipment’s and soldering.
- A Diploma Electronics, Telecommunication/Instrumentation
- KCSE certificate with a minimum grade of C plain
- At least three years’ experience a similar role
- Proficiency in workshop Operations.
How To Apply
All Applications should include a cover letter, CV, Copies Certificates and Testimonials to be addressed to:
The Chief Principal,
Kabete National Polytechnic,
P.O. BOX 29010-00625,
All applications should be received by 11th June 2019.
KNP is an equal opportunity employer, women and persons with disabilities are highly encouraged to apply.