- Company: Safaricom Kenya
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: IT/Telecom Jobs in Kenya
Safaricom is a leading communications company in Kenya with the widest and strongest coverage. The home of the famous Mobile Money service- M-PESA
We are pleased to announce the following vacancy in the Converged Service Operations Department within the Technology Division. In keeping with our current business needs, we are looking for a person who meets the criteria indicated below.
Reporting to the Manager – Core Network Support, the position holder will ensure high availability in the core network elements.
- Schedule and document preventive maintenance.
- Schedule and document BCP/DR plans/
- KPI monitoring of system and service availability to ensure adherence to agreed and standard KPI thresholds.
- Integration of new equipment, solutions and implementation of new technologies.
- Configuration changes on existing Network elements, detail analysis and troubleshooting of incidents/faults within SLA.
- University degree in Electrical & Electronics engineering or related technology.
- 5 years working experience in IT/telecommunications with at least 2years’ experience in operations and support of data networks.
- Hands-on experience with Cisco/Huawei IP switching, routing and in-depth knowledge of routing protocols BGP, IGRP, EIGRP and OSPF.
- Knowledge of bash shell, python or perl scripting and Linux server administration.
- System and application monitoring tools like SNMP, NAGIOS,etc
- Basic knowledge of GSM data communication technologies and call-flows e.g GPRS,UMTS and LTE/EPC.
- Experience in operation of a virtualized environment is an added advantage.