- Company: Deloitte Consulting
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: IT/Telecom Jobs in Kenya
Deloitte Consulting is a leading provider of innovative development solutions to U.S. and international donors, foundations, governments, and Fortune 500 companies. With member firm presence in more than 150 countries, we bring the power of a global firm and leverage our immense technical expertise and firm capabilities to bring integrated approaches to US Agency for International Development.
Our client, The Central Bank of Kenya (CBK), is responsible for formulating monetary policy to achieve and maintain price stability. The Central Bank also promotes financial stability; an effective and efficient payment, clearing and settlement system; formulates and implements foreign exchange policies; holds and manages foreign exchange reserves; issuing of currency; and is the banker for, adviser to and fiscal agent of the Government.
In line with its vision to be a World-Class Modern Central Bank reflected in its People, Systems and Processes, the Bank is looking to identify results driven, visionary, strategic thinking, experienced and highly qualified leaders with excellent credentials, proven experience, demonstrated capacity and know-how who will play a pivotal role in driving the Central Bank of Kenya Operations and Processes through Information Technology.
Reporting to the Director, Information Technology Department, the Head of Cyber Security will oversee the Cyber Security Division and will play a lead role in delivery of the Bank’s Cyber Security strategy while driving the operational capabilities in order to protect the Central Bank of Kenya. The role holder will be responsible for designing, implementing and managing sound Cyber Security controls and will provide leadership for CBK’s Cyber Security Operations.
- Set and deliver the Bank’s Cyber Security strategy and drive strong operational capabilities to protect CBK;
- Design, implement and manage sound Security controls and ensure all risks are effectively managed or mitigated and processes optimised for maximum efficiency;
- Obtain and maintain operational excellence within the business, achieving, maintaining and promoting relevant ISO standards and industry best practice for cyber security;
- Implement, monitor, and manage security aspects for the IT network, infrastructure and applications;
- Ensure adequate budget, resource and management focus on cyber security risks and mitigation;
- Budget planning for Cyber Security activities, products and solutions;
- Effectively manage risk operational requirements for CBK in terms of Cyber Security, as well as drive strategic integration programmes within the Bank’s technology functions; and
- Recruit, develop and retain a high performing team for the Cyber Security Division with clear objectives and deliverable.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Technology Management or a similar field.
- At least two (2) professional information security qualifications such as CISSP, CISM, CISA and CCNA network certification.
- At least ten (10) years’ experience in an IT environment, with at least five (5) years in a Senior Leadership or Management position focused on Cyber Security.
- Certification in Prince 2, Managing Successful Programs (MSP), Project management professional (PMP) or equivalent.
- In depth technical knowledge and certification in Software, Hardware, Systems Administration, Network Technology, Telecommunications, Project Management and Finance.
- Should be a subject matter expert in platform security, network security, application security, data security, cloud security, database security, user access management or embedded device security.
- Strong leadership and management capabilities to inspire and coach employees.
- Practical experience in leading incident response and forensics investigations, with hands on skills in Capex and Opex management.
If you believe you meet the role specifications for any of the above role or roles , please submit your application or applications, including: authentic certified copies of relevant academic and professional certificates and testimonials, your curriculum vitae, details of the current position, current remuneration, as well as email and telephone contacts of three (3) referees who can speak of your competence, character and integrity.