- Company: Standard Bank Group
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: - Banking Jobs in KenyaProject Management Jobs in Kenya
Standard Bank Group is the largest African banking group by assets offering a full range of banking and related financial services. “Africa is our home, we drive her growth” Our vision is to be the leading financial services organisation in, for and across Africa, delivering exceptional client experiences and superior value. This sets the primary goals and standard of excellence we intend to achieve in the medium term. With a heritage of over 150 years, we have an on-the-ground presence in 20 countries in subâ€‘Saharan Africa; fit-for-purpose representation outside Africa; and a strategic partnership with the Industrial and Commercial Bank of China (ICBC). In line with the realities of risk, regulation, technology and competition that characterise our operating context, we continue to invest significantly in our diversified operations; our people and culture; our systems and infrastructure; and our brand. In doing so, we understand that our commercial success and social relevance over the long term depends on placing our clients at the centre of everything we do, and ensures that the outcomes of our activities are a catalyst for growth on this continent we call home. The long-term foreign currency ratings for The Standard Bank of South Africa, the single largest operating entity within the Standard Bank Group, are: Fitch Ratings BBB- (negative), Moody’s Baa2 (negative) and Standard & Poor’s BBB- (negative). The group is listed on the JSE Limited, share code SBK, and the Namibian Stock Exchange, share code SNB. The largest bank in the world, ICBC, is a 20.1% shareholder in the group. Other than the 20.1% ICBC shareholding, 32.9% of Standard Bank’s shareholder base is foreign. We subscribe to the Code of Banking Practice, a set of principles governing banking in South Africa and ensuring the highest standards of professionalism, integrity and fairness.
The Innovation Program Delivery Lead, is responsible for ensuring that Innovation programs and projects are planned, managed, and governed in a consistent, transparent, and disciplined manner. The position requires an experienced program management professional with the right mix of relevant experience and skills, an ability to flex between the strategic and the tactical, outstanding verbal and written communication skills, and a high level of energy and flexibility to get things done and thrive in a fast-paced, team-oriented product development environment.
The role holder will be a program management leader who embodies Stanbic’s and indeed Standard Bank Group’s leadership principles of continuous innovation, acting decisively, executing with speed, collaborating effectively (working in teams) and communicating openly.
In this role, s(he) will manage technical program/project managers, assigned to Innovation programs by the Agile Project office, to deliver critical, customer facing, enterprise software development projects that drive our new revenue streams and capability ambitions, towards our 2025 ambition to become a platform based, client centric financial services business. S(he) will lead efforts to improve our processes, making our teams, including product owners (ecosystem leads and execution managers), highly productive and champion the adoption of best practice.
As the Innovation program leader, the role holder will build and maintain strong internal relationships, fostering collaboration across innovation, client segments, client solutions engineering and corporate functions. The role holder’s ability to work across functions and teams will allow him/her to ensure alignment of priorities and goals, drive results and foster a culture and environment to achieve excellence and innovation.
Innovation Program Delivery
- Provide leadership and oversight in planning, execution and delivery of the Innovation Solutions Roadmap including managing the software lifecycle; creating, iterating and continuous improvements
- Work with Business and executive sponsors to develop roadmaps for solutions in Innovation’s portfolio that align with business objectives/priority and take into account resource availability/allocation
- Oversight the end-to-end delivery of innovation solutions in collaboration with product owners (ecosystem leads and execution managers), innovation solutions delivery leads and engineering teams, both in market and SBG as well as partner organisations, reporting on progress, ensuring dependencies are proactively outlined and covered
- Accountable for regular innovation portfolio reviews and use of strong technical and business acumen to manage risk and address escalated impediments
- Define and organize solution delivery, outline tenets, analyse data, drive performance improvements, and influence resource allocation for all stages of execution (from ideation to delivery)
- Be the scrum master for the innovation team, across ecosystem leads, ecosystem execution managers and solution delivery leads. Removes blockers and always find the path forward in challenging situations both in programs delivery, route to market and commercialization
- Cultivate operational excellence within the Innovation team and partners by enforcing consistency and standardized processes; creating an environment of consistent excellence, innovation and designing to the edge
- Drive improvements in software development practices/processes and overall program delivery within innovation and indeed, across the organization
- Executive program reporting on an Adhoc, weekly and monthly basis & drive continuous improvement of success metrics
- Collaboration and teamwork: working with others to collectively solve problems and share ideas, fostering a healthy and stimulating work environment
- Relationship management: building rapport with internal and external stakeholders at executive and other levels and capacities, both technical and non-technical, influencing and motivating a singular drive towards a successful program outcomes, and managing stakeholder expectations
- Responsible for coaching and mentoring of the innovation team and beyond on Agile/Scrum/Lean principles and practices
Risk, Regulatory, Prudential & Compliance
- Recommend and execute improvements in solutions in accordance with the Risk and Compliance guidelines
- Bachelors or Master’s degree with a STEM focus (Science, Technology, Engineering or Math). MBA is a plus.
- 10+ years of relevant work experience in either Program, Project or Portfolio management
- Previous experience in managing a large portfolio of projects (over $10 million)
- 5+ years of technical leadership experience ideally from a development or test engineering background
- 5+ years of experience hiring, training, mentoring and managing project teams
- Project Management Professional (PMP®) certification is strongly preferred.
- PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP®), Certified ScrumMaster (CSM),Scaled Agile Framework Program Consultant (SAFe SPC) and/or Lean Six Sigma certifications also preferred.
- Strong knowledge of Jira and other planning tools
- Experience with payment processing, financial systems and online/ecommerce
- Experience working with partners, both onsite and offshore on large scale and complex projects