High School Counsellor Jobs, Counselling Jobs, Nova Pioneer Jobs
High School Counsellor at Nova Pioneer Boys Campus
Nova Pioneer is looking for an experienced High School Counselor for our Eldoret Campus to utilize leadership, advocacy, and collaboration to promote student success, provide preventive services, and respond to identified student needs by implementing a comprehensive school counseling program that addresses academic, career, and personal/social development and mental and social wellness for all pupils as the primary target group, but also for other members of the school community
Imagine a world in which every young person in Africa attends a school that truly sets them up for success in the 21st century. A school that demands excellence, helps students learn by doing and exploring rather than by memorizing, equips students with globally competitive science and technology skills, and builds the character and growth mindset that will shape the rest of their lives.
Now imagine that this school is not in one town, in one country, but in every town, in every country. This is what we imagine, and we want you to help make it happen.
ABOUT NOVA PIONEER
In 2014 we launched a new venture to build the first pan-African network of high-quality, affordable primary and secondary schools. Our venture is structured as a social enterprise to enable us to attract the investment that will be needed to launch 100 schools and reach tens of thousands of students in the next decade.
We have a unique, entrepreneurial work environment with a strong team culture that is designed to reinforce our vision. The core elements of our culture include:
- We model the growth mindset we want our students to embody: you are challenged every day and, as a result, you grow more than at any other point in your life. See how our students talk about that growth in this video https://goo.gl/PrqKzK
- We pursue excellence in every detail and do whatever it takes to produce great work quickly
- We are radically open : we share tough messages and our own vulnerabilities because doing so helps us grow
- We put our students before our team, and our team before ourselves
- We bring infectious energy , enthusiasm and fun to everything we do because joy fuels the hardest work and learning.Watch this video to understand our fun environment- https://goo.gl/PmGL7Y
As the High School Counsellor, you will have the opportunity to craft a vision and strategy for counseling and offer it as a service to the growing school network.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- Model, live and lead the Nova Culture
- Collaboratively develop a Comprehensive School Counseling Policy with the Principal
- Deliver a Comprehensive School Counselling Program
- Develop and maintain a written plan for effective delivery of the school counseling program based on best practice approaches and in line with the school’s ethos.
- Communicate the goals of the comprehensive school counseling policy to education stakeholders (i.e., administrators, teachers, pupils, parents, and community/business leaders).
- Maintain current and appropriate resources for education stakeholders.
- Provide direct services through the Guidance Curriculum, Individual Student Planning and Preventive and Responsive Services, and most remaining time in program management, system support, and accountability
- Use data to develop comprehensive programs that meet student needs.
- Provide leadership and collaborate with other educators in the school-wide integration of best practice in counselling.
- Implement appropriate and prevention-oriented group activities to meet student needs and school goals.
- Plug-into the life skills programme as guided by the office of the Director of Academics and/ or the Principal to support with execution
- Assist all pupils, individually or in groups, with developing academic, career and personal/social skills, goals, and plans.
- Make use of data to devise interventions, in consultation with the Principal.
- Provide individual and group counseling to pupils with identified concerns and needs.
- Implement an effective referral and follow-up process as needed.
- Accurately and appropriately use assessment procedures for determining and structuring individual and group counseling services. Consult the Principal if there is the need to invite an external service provider for the whole school, or for pupils, or for members of staff.
- Provide appropriate information to school personnel related to the comprehensive school counseling program.
- Assist teachers, parents/guardians, and other stakeholders in interpreting and understanding student data.
- Participate in professional development activities to improve knowledge and skills.
- Use available technology resources to enhance the school counseling program.
- Adhere to laws, policies, procedures, and ethical standards of the school counseling profession.
- Collaborate with parents/guardians and educators to assist pupils with educational, career, and life planning.
- Conduct a yearly audit to review the counselling needs and trends in the school, and the extent to which the Counselling programme in the school is effective in its implementation, based on the data collected and analyzed.
- Prepare the results of such analysis in a manner that makes it possible to share the information with different stakeholders: pupils, teachers, Network, parents and guardians.
- You are passionate about student welfare and want to help them tackle life’s different challenges
- You have between 3-5 years of experience in institutional counselling
- You have Professional Training in Counselling- Higher National Diploma or Degree
- You have previously counselled teens and young adults
- You are a great communicator: You are able to provide a clear and persuasive pitch to anyone and have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- You are results driven, goal oriented, move fast, and take ownership of work.
- You reside within Eldoret
How to Apply:
Does working at Nova Pioneer excite you? If you’re a great fit, we will drop everything and call you immediately.
Please note: Where a copy of your resume is required, copying and pasting from a formatted document e.g. Microsoft Word® may not result in the formatting transferring correctly to the final resume. You are encouraged to attach your resume in PDF format to protect formatting.
Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis until the right candidate is identified. Only qualified candidates will be invited for interviews.