IT Jobs In Kenya.
RECSA is seeking to fill the following positions to be based at its Secretariat offices in Nairobi. The appointments are on a One (1) year contract renewable subject to satisfactory performance and availability of funds. Remuneration terms and conditions of work for all the positions are negotiable.
Information Communication and Technology (ICT) Assistant
The ICT Assistant shall work under the Principal Officer -ICT to manage and direct the effective provision of information systems and technology to the technical operation of the office automation applications including Program Management Systems, programme and application software and the introduction and technical operation of organizational computer applications.
Duties and responsibilities :
- Create and maintain ICT configuration database for both hardware and software. Regularly assist in review and evaluation of office and users equipment and recommend replacement in accordance with hardware life cycle guidelines.
- Daily information back-up of files and archiving materials where appropriate.
- Support installation of new computer equipment as appropriate and ensuring that hardware (and network cabling) is maintained and repaired as necessary.
- Support in maintaining of an inventory of RECSA equipment and ensuring the security of equipment and data.
- Support in ensuring that the network infrastructure is operational all the time, workstations and server systems are serviced and maintained as required.
- Support in website update, development and Management at RECSA secretariat.
- Support in software development and upgrade as may be assigned by the management.
- Support in system administration and management information systems duties.
- Perform any other duty as may be assigned by the supervisor and the management of RECSA Secretariat.
Qualification and Experience
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Information Communication Technology or Management information Science.At least 3 years’ work experience in the ICT department.
- An understanding of the sources and dynamics of conflicts, peace and/or security in Africa in general and Great Lakes Region and Horn of Africa in particular would be an added advantage
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
How To Apply
Only candidates from RECSA Member States who meet the qualifications should submit their applications accompanied by a detailed CV, copies of both academic and professional certificates and testimonials, names and addresses of three reputable referees and their contact details (e-mail, telephone numbers) to [email protected] before 27 th October 2021.
Director of Administration and Finance
Regional Centre on Small Arms (RECSA)
Timau Plaza 7 th Floor, Argwings Kodhek Road
P.O.BOX 7039-00200, Nairobi Kenya
Tel. +2549(020) 3877456/3876203/3876023N.B: 1.Dont Miss Out On Your Next Job. Let's Have Your CV. .
NB: 2. How Can I Advance In My Career? . .