Chief Executive Officer Job, Administration Jobs Kenya,
The Chief Executive Officer is responsible to the Board of Directors for the management and administration of all activities of the Authority. In addition, the CEO will provide strategic leadership and direction to the Authority in the running of day to day activities in order to active ICTA’s mandate in line with ICTA’s strategic plan and Government Policy.
- Formulate, implement and review policies, procedures and regulations for ICTA
- Provide strategic leadership and ensure excellence in the provision of services at the ICTA;
- Spearhead development agenda of the ICTA including formulation of projects and programmes;
- Facilitate the delivery of quality ICT programmes in inculcating core national values;
- Facilitate ICT professionals to contribute to National Development priorities;
- Facilitate Research and Development on ICT trends;
- Establish a sustainable resource base at ICTA;
- Enhance the Capacity of ICTA’s Human Resource base;
- Responsible for stakeholder management and enhancement of the corporate image of ICTA;
- Ensures that ICTA utilizes its resources according to the financial guidelines provided by Government from time to time;
- Ensure accurate and timely audits are co books of accounts
- Enhance collaboration and engagement with stakeholders and partners in support of the development agenda of ICTA;
- Ensure sound risk and management and good internal controls systems;
- Executive and communicate ICTA’s strategies, decisions and policies
- Ensure ICTA has an effective management structure including succession management plans;
- Ensure continuous improvement in the quality and value of services provided by ICTA;
- Oversee and ensure implementation of corporate policies and programmes; and
- Maintain a conducive work environment for attracting, retaining and motivating employees;
For appointment to this grade, an officer must have:-
- Served in a relevant position for at least fifteen (15) years working in the Public Service or in the Private Sector; Seven (7) of which were in a Senior Management position;
- Bachelor’s degree in any of the following disciplines;-Information Communication Technology, Finance, Law or related field from a recognized institution
- Master’s degree in any of the following disciplines:-Information Communication Technology, Finance, Law or related field from a recognized institution.
- Leadership course lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized institution.
- Membership in a relevant professional body;
- Certificate in computer application skills;
- Meets the provision of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010.
Competencies and Skills
- Communicating with impacts;
- Leading and managing people;
- Applying expertise;
- Planning and organizing;
- Leading and managing performance;
- Financial and resource management;
- Customer and Stakeholder orientation;
- Formulating policy ,strategies and concepts;
- Leading change programmes and projects
- Decision making
- Strategic visioning and entrepreneurial thinking
- Political astuteness and diplomacy
- Collaboration and partnerships;
- Coaching and mentoring;
- Persuading and influencing;
- Relating and networking; and
- Technological Savviness
Shortlisted candidates will be required to satisfy the requirement of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010 by submitting or having initiated the following valid compliance certificates;
- Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigation(DCI);
- Certificate of compliance from the Higher Education Loans Board (HELB);
- Tax Compliance Certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA);
- Current Self Declaration form from Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC), and
- Certificate from Credit Reference Bureau (CRB).
How to Apply
Email your application letter accompanied with a copy of the National Identity Card/Passport, current detailed CV in PDF format clearly indicating your current position, scanned copies of academic and professional testimonials, and current and expected remuneration to the following email address: [email protected] or apply online through https://www.icta.go.ke/careers before the closing of business on Wednesday 25th May 2022.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.