Senior Information Systems Security Officer Jobs, ICT Jobs, Computer Science Jobs, Ukulima Sacco Jobs
Terms: Permanent & Pensionable
Ukulima Sacco Society Limited, a licensed Deposit Taking Sacco in Kenya with its Headquaters in Nairobi and FOSA Branch Network in Kisumu, Mombasa, Eldoret, Embu ,Nakuru and Kisii invites individuals who possess a passion of excellence, strong work ethics, are results oriented and committed to continual improvement to apply for the following position:-
Reporting to Head of ICT, this position is responsible for securing the Sacco ICT Systems through continuous risk assessment and development of risk mitigation mechanism. Working closely with the Head of ICT, the incumbent shall ensure that the Sacco‟s policies and procedures for Information Security are effectively adhered to.
This involves leading and providing a focal point for security and information risk matters. The incumbent jobholder will be also responsible for developing plans to improve the information security at the Sacco. Further the position holder shall be accountable the daily operation and implementation of the IT security strategy.
- Advice the ICT Manager on information security strategies, both short-term and long range, in support of the Sacco goals.
- Conduct proactive risk assessment program for all new and existing systems and remains familiar with the Sacco‟s goals and business processes so effective controls can be put in place for those areas presenting the greatest information security risk.
- Conducting a continuous assessment of current IT security practices and systems and identifying areas for improvement
- Delivering new security technology approaches and implementing next generation solutions
- Carries out technical vulnerability assessments of IT systems and processes, identifying potential vulnerabilities, make recommendations to control any risks identified and to ensure they are implemented.
- Responds rapidly and effectively to IT security incidents, managing them in a professional manner including computer forensics for evidence gathering and page preservation.
- Responsible for the coordination of regular Information Security Reviews in the Sacco and conducts assessments of departmental systems, processes and infrastructure and making recommendations to minimize risks identified.
- Provides high quality Information Security guidance documentation and training.
- Liaises with external security agencies where required and ensure that any information requested is provided on a timely and secure basis;
- Liases with Cyber Crime Unit in the National Police service;
- Promotes security awareness by developing and implementing a security awareness and training programme;
- Investigates suspected and actual security incidents in accordance with the security incident management standard, produce reports with recommendations and ensure any remedial action is taken.
- Performs any other responsibilities as may be assigned from time to time.
- Bachelor’s degree in IT/ Computer Systems design/ Computer Science or IT related field;
- 5 years of experience practical, proven, hands on experience in IT security from a financial institutions including Sacco’s MFIs and Banks;
- Possess professional qualification of Certified Information Security Manger (CISM), and CISA or either Certified Risk and Information System Control (CRISC) and other related field;
- Investigation skills, Knowledge and ability to identify information security breaches;
- Ability to establish an information security monitoring system, Programming skills;
- Valid Police clearance Certificate/Good Conduct.
How to Apply
Applications with detailed CV indicating current position, qualifications, work experience, copies of certificates, testimonials and National identity card, day telephone contacts and names and contacts of at least three (3) referees should reach the Society on or before 14th June 2019 at 12.00 Noon and addressed to:
The Chief Executive Officer
Ukulima Sacco Society Limited
P.O. Box 44071-00100
Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted
Ukulima Sacco Society Limited is an equal opportunity employer.