- Company: Techsavanna Technology Limited
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: IT/Telecom Jobs in Kenya
Techsavanna has provided a wide range of ICT services and software for Property Management, Project Management, Energy Management and Financial Management in diverse industry and client profiles. In Eastern Africa the firm has offices in Nairobi, in the region the firm comprises of with a total staff force of over 100.
Defining the epics / features and user stories that need to be worked on, prioritising the product backlog of the squad and accepting deliverables at the end of each sprint.
Represents the appropriate stakeholders, guiding the squad to eliver.
- Expert Jira user.
- Expert on network and application integration.
- Knowledge of cloud services, especially AWS
- Focuses the team on delivering business value in regular increments.
- Prioritises within the agreed scope, considering the constraints and risks.
- Responsible for reporting and tracking progress and KPIs.
- Uses data to define epics / faetres and user stories with clear acceptance criteria.
- Contributes to the squad with relevant product knowledge.
- Continuously grooms the backlog to keep it up to date.
- Participates in the sprint planning to reaffirm priorities and clarify requirements.
- Accepts all deliverables against defined user stories and acceptance criteria.
- Engages stakeholders and senior leaders regularly on all aspect of the product.
Essence of Role – Key Accountabilities
Integration Requirements and Design
- Subject matter expert on design patterns for Application and Network Integration and able to define technical requirements for integration.
- Responsible for non-functional requirements (NFR) definition including performance, resilience, operational monitoring and disaster recovery
- Contributes to design specifications for integration services and API designs, messaging design and security configuration between applications hosted in shared datacentre, local markets as well as AWS.
- Helps to document integration components and specifications.
- Understands and applies relevant policies.
Required skills / expertise
- Proven experience of designing application architectures.
- Extensive hands-on experience of Software development, under Agile process.
- Practical experience of a range of development and application technology platforms, like Java, SQL, XML technologies
- Experience of API development and integration covering various design approaches like HTTP, SOAP, REST.
- Experience on CI/CD processes and technologies, like Jenkins, Git, Docker, Packer
- Experience in the use of UML notation in capturing and documenting designs
- Strong business and customer focus
- Ability to work within a demanding environment, being a key contributor to a fast-moving product
- Ability to work reactively and proactively
- IT-related education/degree
- Demonstrable numerical, analytical and verbal skills, in particular well-developed written and verbal communication skills in English
- Experience of working within a multi-national team and serving customers from multiple countries would be of benefit.
- Experience of working in an agile environment will be beneficial