- Company: Britam
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: IT/Telecom Jobs in Kenya
Britam is a leading diversified financial services group, listed on the Nairobi Securities Exchange. The group has interests across the Eastern and Southern Africa region, with operations in Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Rwanda, South Sudan, Mozambique and Malawi. The group offers a wide range of financial products and services in Insurance, Asset management, Banking and Property. Our Mission is to provide outstanding financial services to our customers. Our Vision is to be the most trusted financial service partner. We aim to provide our clients, with an unmatched offering, ensuring first class solutions that help secure the future.
Job Purpose and Key responsibilities
The role holder will be responsible for administration, maintenance and Tier II line support for the Group enterprise systems. Responsible for maintaining, supporting, and upgrading existing systems and applications. He/she is also responsible to reinforce quality standards and adherence to business best practice, adding value to business processes and significantly contributing to the operational excellence. Ensures that all service level agreements (SLAs) for applications support services across the organisation are delivered according to specifications.
- Provide first line and second line support and maintenance services to all enterprise systems. Escalates and sources expertise when necessary.
- Proactive monitoring of various production systems for performance, availability, and other critical parameters
- Ensure adequate monitoring systems that provide timely, accurate, real-time, and historical data on performance and other critical parameters
- Maintenance and administration of the Group enterprise system
- Ensure the enterprise systems is adequately sized to meet SLA’s with the business
- Define and monitor data and application availability for the enterprise system
- Document and update processes and procedures in use for the enterprise system
- Providing and monitoring SLAs and OLAs
- Adequate communication to stakeholders on the state of any tickets assigned
- Follow up and reporting on tickets escalated to third line support
- Testing new system functionality before deployment into production environments
- Test the achievement of supportability requirements for delivered solutions
- Approvals for acceptance tests
Knowledge, experience and qualifications required
- Degree in Science/Engineering/Computer Science
- ITIL intermediate
- Minimum of 2 – 4 years’ experience in a 24×7 service provider environment
- Experience managing applications support operations.
Technical/ Functional competencies
- Knowledge of applications and database administration
- Familiarity with knowledge of software, hardware, systems administration, and network technology
- Strong technical skill/knowledge in business applications especially CRM and Enterprise systems
- Strong knowledge of ITIL.
- Persuasive, encouraging, and diplomatic, with conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources
- Detail oriented and process focused