Sheer Logic Management Consultants is seeking to engage dynamic individuals for IT Auditor position for one of our clients.
- Take lead role in execution of day to day internal audit assignments which will include IT, operational and financial audits
- Assist in monitoring the bank’s IT infrastructure and identify areas of internal control weaknesses and non-compliance within the bank’s procedures and provide sound and practical recommendations to management
- Give value adding recommendations and support to the bank in creation of Policies, automation of procedures and processes to ensure an appropriate level of internal control, standards to efficiency and compliance is maintained
- Participate in the development of the annual Internal Audit Plan.
- Undertake IT audit assignments plus audit tasks assigned to other areas.
- Perform detailed evaluation of internal controls and audit reviews of the bank’s ICT infrastructure
- Proactively identify risks, evaluate controls and make recommendations to improve internal controls and operational effectiveness and efficiency.
- Perform risk assessments on all new and existing bank ICT systems
- Review data and network security e.g. access controls, systems back-ups, segregation of duties, etc.
- Review new applications systems development acquisitions or major changes to existing systems i.e. analysis, design and identified inherent risks
- Review of bank’s policies and procedures and documentations such as Service Level Agreements, IT contracts, programs and ICT policies.
- Preparing audits reports which clearly communicates audit findings and recommendations
- Monitor timely implementation of management actions to recommendations in audit reports.
- Any other duty assigned by the head of internal audit
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems or Computer Science or business related field from a recognized university.
- Professional certification: Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) OR Certified Public Accountant (CPA Part II) will be an added advantage.
- 2 to 3 years of experience in Information Systems Audit from a reputable audit firm or a financial institution.
Skills and attributes
- Knowledge of current technological developments/trends in area of expertise and knowledge of software requirements for the auditing of computing systems and procedures.
- Ability to analyze and manipulate large data
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision
- Good interpersonal skills with ability to communicate effectively both written and oral
- Ability to stand firm in difficult situations
- Ability to write good and reliable reports
- Ability to maintain highest levels of independence, objectivity and integrity
- Show awareness of the need for confidentiality in sensitive matters
Key performance Indicators:
- Timely execution of audit assignments
- Quality output of the audit assignments and proposed recommendations
- Timely submission of audit reports
- Quality recommendation on ICT controls improvements
How to Apply