IT Manager Job, Current IT Jobs In Kenya,
Position: IT Manager,
Number of posts: 1,
The IT Manager – Systems and infrastructure is accountable to the Head of Technology and Learning Innovations.
The IT Manager will work closely with the Head of IT to support all roles and duties of the Head of IT.
- Deputize the Head of Technology as needed.
- Take on new areas of responsibility in consultation with ICT Manager and Head of ICT as they may develop.
- Troubleshoot network and internet related issues as and when they occur.
- Lead the ICT technical team in handling of daily IT related technical support issues, escalating more complex issues to the Head of IT.
- Monitor and keep operational shared IT equipment deployed in ICT Labs, Classrooms, Offices and common areas.
- Catalogue and deploy IT equipment and offer support and training for the same where necessary or required.
- Manage the deployment of mobile devices and the distribution of their apps.
- Coordinate with external service providers for the support and maintenance of ICT infrastructure.
- Regularly monitor, document and report to the Head of IT functional status of all ICT equipment and infrastructure.
- Assist the Head of IT in administration of the School Management System.
- Assist the Head of IT in administration of the ERP system.
- Assist and train staff where necessary in use of the various school IT systems.
- A full contribution to the life of the school, through areas not directly linked to ICT will be expected.
- Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related course.
- Minimum 5 years working experience in the IT field in a high paced environment preferably a school/college environment.
- A good understanding of WAN/LAN networking, firewalls, switches and routers. Experience with Cisco will be an added advantage.
- A good command of MacOS and iPadOS configuration and troubleshooting.
- Good experience working with Microsoft systems including Windows Operating system, Azure, Office 365, Microsoft AD, DNS, DHCP, SCCM and Group Policy.
- Good understanding of Google G-suite administration will be an added advantage.
- Ability to work well in a team as well as independently.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
This job description is not a comprehensive statement of procedures and tasks but sets out the main duties and responsibilities of the job and the expectations of the school in relation to the post holder’s professional responsibilities and duties. However, the job or duties described may vary or be amended from time to time without changing the level of responsibility associated with the post.
How to apply
Please send your applications to [email protected] not later than 23rd October, 2020 stating clearly on the email subject line and on your application letter reference line, which role you are applying for. Please note, only soft copy/ email applications to the address provided will be accepted. No hard copy applications will be accepted or received . Kindly include in your application copies of your academic and professional certificates, testimonials, certificate of good conduct, and detailed CV, contact details as well as names and contacts (telephone and e-mail address) of three (3) professional referees.