Deputy Director, Knowledge Management Job, Current Kenyan Communication Vacancies In Kenya,
Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensuring compliance with the legal depository and requirements;
- Ensuring compliance with the repository requirements for the policy resource center;
- Developing and coordinating the implementation of knowledge management policies and strategies and procedures in consultation with other members of the Institute;
- Developing and implement systems for creation, capture, processing, storage and sharing of the Institute’s knowledge;
- Facilitating Monitoring and evaluation of knowledge management activities and implement corrective measures;
- Overseeing the preparation and implementation of annual work plans, budgets and reports of the department;
- Conducting staff performance appraisals in the department;
- Overseeing preparation, the implementation of Library publication and database management activities;
- Approving the content of all publications before it is published;
- Developing and implement the policies and procedures for the policy resource Center;
- Ensuring provision of adequate knowledge management infrastructure;
- Ensuring effective internal and external distribution of research outputs;
- Ensuring compliance with relevant legislation such as copyright, data protection and intellectual property;
- Managing the development and use of the organizations internal information knowledge systems and databases;
- Promoting a culture of knowledge sharing;
- Developing and implement mechanisms for tapping tacit knowledge at the Institute;
- Ensuring the department generates income as per the Institutes set targets;
- Appraisal of staff in the department; and
- Motivating staff in the department and ensuring team work as well as maintain good working environment.
For appointment to this grade, a candidate must have:
- Bachelor’s degree in any of the following disciplines: – Information Science, Publishing, Communication Knowledge Management or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- Master’s degree in any of the following disciplines: Information Science, Publishing, Communication Studies, Knowledge Management or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- Nine (9) years’ experience in information sciences, three (3) of which must be at management level;
- Professional qualification and affiliation;
- Leadership course lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized institution;
- Computer skills in desktop publishing software’s and knowledge of information systems and applications; and
- Fulfil the requirement of Chapter six (6) of the Constitution.
Functional Skills, Behavioral Competencies and Attributes:
- Leadership skills
- Presentation skills
- Communication skills
- Negotiation skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Analytical skills
- Supervisory skills
Behavioral competencies and attributes
- Critical thinking; and
- Strategic thinking.
How to Apply
The public is notified of the following:
- Detailed job descriptions, requirements, and how to apply are available on the website kippra.or.ke/careers/
- All applications MUST be received on or before 27 th July 2022 by 5:00 pm.
- KIPPRA is an equal opportunity employer . Persons with disability, females, marginalized and minorities are encouraged to apply
- There are NO fees charged by KIPPRA for any application of these positions
- Canvassing for any of these positions will result in disqualification of the candidate
ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted and will be required to avail the following documents during the interview:
- Original academic certificates
- Clearance from Higher Education Loans Board
- Clearance from Criminal Investigation of Department
- Clearance from Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission
- Clearance from Kenya Revenue Authority (Tax Compliance Certificate)
- Evidence of publications where required
- Recommendation letter (s)
Applicants are requested to submit a cover letter, CV, copies of certificates & testimonials, and duly filled personal data form which can be downloaded from the Institute’s website. Applications are accepted in either hard or soft copies. Hard copies should be delivered to the address provided below while soft copies submitted through email address [email protected] .
Late applications will not be accepted, and ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The Executive Director,
The Kenya Institute for Public Policy Research and Analysis,
Upper Hill, Bishop Gardens Towers, 2nd Floor Bishop Road,
P.O. Box 56445, Nairobi, 00200 City Square,
Persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
KIPPRA is an equal opportunity employer.