Nova Pioneer is looking for superstar Kitchen Stewards for our Tatu City and Eldoret Campus . This is an opportunity to be a part of an innovative network of schools that is developing generations of innovators and leaders who shape the African Century.
About Nova Pioneer
Imagine a world in which every young person across Africa attends a school that truly sets them up for success in the 21st century. A school that cares about individual students and allows them to explore the world around them. A school that focuses more on developing skills than on memorizing content. At Nova Pioneer, we have done more than just imagine this future, we are bringing it to life. Nova Pioneer is a pan-African, independent network of schools offering high quality, accessible education from Pre-primary through Secondary school. Nova Pioneer uses a unique, inquiry-based learning approach that encourages students to ask “why” instead of telling them the “what”. It allows them to form their own thinking through exploration, investigation, and collaboration. Learn more about our learning approach here. Nova Pioneer currently has 10 schools in South Africa and Kenya with a vision to launch 100 schools and reach tens of thousands of students across the African continent in the next decade. To learn more visit www.novapioneer.com.
Position: Kitchen Steward
As a Kitchen Steward, you will be responsible for maintaining cleanliness in the kitchen. All utensils and kitchen floors must be kept clean. You will also work hand-in-hand with the other kitchen staff to ensure smooth production of food.
You will be based in our Ondiri or Tatu Campus
Reports To : Head Chef
Our team culture is designed to reinforce our vision:
- We model the growth mindset we want our students to embody; you are challenged every day and, as a result, you grow more than at any other point in your life.
- We pursue excellence in every detail and do whatever it takes to produce great work quickly.
- We are radically open : we share tough messages and our own vulnerabilities to help us grow.
- We bring i nfectious energy, enthusiasm and fun to everything we do because joy fuels the hardest work and learning.
- Keeping working area clean throughout the day
- Ensuring that the prescribed uniform is worn and is neat and clean
- Cleaning dry goods store, cold room, freezer room and shelves
- Ensuring sink is always clean with clean dish rack
- Cleaning bathrooms, ensure that enough soap and toilet paper is available
- Removing all rubbish and dispose and clean dump hatch
- Wiping all tiles and walls
- Cleaning and shine all glasses
- Cleaning all utensils as per procedure
- Performing any other duties delegated by your supervisor
- You are a strong team player with excellent interpersonal skills
- You are able to work well and meet strict deadlines with minimum supervision
- You have excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Work experience is preferred but not a must
How to Apply:
Does working at Nova Academies excite you? If you are a great fit, we will drop everything and call you immediately
Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis until the right candidate is identified. Only qualified candidates will be invited for interviews