- Company: Standard Bank Group
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: - - Accounting Jobs in KenyaEconomics Jobs in KenyaFinance Jobs in Kenya
To maintain the ALM business process Kenya and South Sudan as a strategic value-adding activity and ensure that that ALM responsibilities are managed and executed effectively.
- Liquidity Risk/Interest Rate Risk in the Banking Book (IRRBB)
- To ensure all the funding in both kes and foreign currency is done optimally daily meeting revenue targets.
- To ensure the execution of both strategic and tactical management responsibilities;
- To establish and maintain systems and procedures for implementation of and for monitoring on a daily, weekly and monthly basis compliance with the tolerance limits and appetite triggers approved by ALCO
- To review the daily dashboards highlighting to in country and centre ALM and GM stakeholders the daily liquidity positions and updated action plans required to address any liquidity breaches if applicable
- To give prompt attention and escalate any liquidity limit and appetite breaches to the specified bodies per this policy within the prescribed timeframes
- To propose action plans to the ALCO committee to address limit and appetite breaches
- To review and ensure the prompt and accurate preparation of all relevant returns to and reports required by banking supervisors
- To review and re-calibrate, on at least an annual basis, all behavioural liquidity assumptions and submit updated assumptions to ALCO (for approval)
- To investigate and report the outcomes of each measure of liquidity and IRRBB to the ALCO in accordance with set policies and procedures
- To report the outcomes of audit findings to the in country ALCO and ensure remediation as per agreed time lines
- To provide ALCOs with substantive documents, should they be requested
- To apply forecasting models and scenario analyses to anticipate potential future liquidity constraints
- To back-test and ensure the accuracy, integrity and relevance of model data and correct potential modelling errors
- To review and update all assumptions pertaining to liquidity stress testing scenarios and associated contingency plans on at least a quarterly basis
- To review day-end and month-end data to enable reporting on historical compliance or non-compliance with tolerance limits and appetite triggers, with appropriate commentary over daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly or annual periods
- To ensure that all types of liquidity risk and IRRBB within the Bank are captured and appropriately modelled
- To ensure the continuity in the application of the standards, policies and procedures through education and training
- To review Basel 3 templates and other additional group requirements when required
- To review on at least a quarterly basis the viability of haircut assumptions on liquid assets and currency surplus
- To ensure that there is adequate engagement with stakeholders and detailed analysis conducted on forecast planning as per the forecast guidelines distributed by Finance
- To liaise with the relevant stakeholders to ensure that funding plans and contingent funding plans are fit for purpose
- To review and conduct pipeline analysis and assess funding requirements
- To review FTP segmental profiling on a quarterly basis
- To ensure interest rate house views are formulated with stakeholder engagement and presented at ALCO’s
- Reporting and engaging with internal and external stakeholders (e.g. ALCOs, regulators, etc)
- Assist in preparation of Annual Financial Statements and results from an ALM perspective
- Assist in the implementing of QRM risk system
- Post-graduate degree in finance/ economics/ maths/ statistics/ financial risk management.
- 5 years minimum experience working in banking.
- Sound knowledge of ALM and treasury management strategies.
- Knowledge of financial markets and economic fundamentals.
- Comprehensive knowledge of treasury products and good general knowledge of retail, corporate and capital markets products.
- Appreciation of finance and risk issues.