National Bank – A Subsidiary of KCB Group Plc
Position Title: Senior Manager, Agent Banking
Job Ref No. HR/063/2022
1 Available Position
Division: Retail Banking
Location: Head Office
Reporting to: Head Channels & Partnerships
Position Scope: The role holder will be responsible for the growth & profitability of the Agent Banking Segment of the Bank.
- Develop and implement Agent Banking Strategy, Policies and Procedures.
- Design and coordinate the development, rollout and management of Agent Banking Business.
- Initiate and ensure establishment of a robust remuneration tariff for agents.
- Develop a robust stable of products and services to be consumed by agents and bank customers via the agent network, in particular an innovative sustainable credit model that will enable bank customers to access credit through the agent network in a controlled environment.
- Proactively manage risks associated with Agent Banking.
- Execute operational excellence, cost management and compliance to the internal policies and also in tandem with CBK guidelines.
- Responsible for gathering market intelligence for the improvement of the channel as well as rollout of Agent Banking to the Bank.
- Champion customer service and implementation of quality service delivery standards.
- Manage Agent Banking team, ensuring performance objectives are met, coordinate channel growth activities and offer guidance to the team and Branches on matters relating to Agent Banking.
- Responsible for gathering market intelligence for the improvement of the channel as well as rollout Agent Banking to the Region.
- Coach, mentor and train Agent Banking teams on product and service offering.
Education, Professional Qualifications, Experience & Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in either ICT or Business related field from a recognized University.
- Professional qualifications in CPA, ACCA and AKIB will be an added advantage.
- Eight (8) years’ experience in Banking.
- At least five (5) years’ experience in handling Agent Banking and product development functions of a commercial bank at a managerial level.
- Demonstrated hands-on experience at Management level on innovation/product development.
- Experience in Credit Analysis and Administration.
- Experience in Handling Agent Banking Solutions.
- Good understanding of Banking laws and regulations.
- Governance – knowledge and ability to ensure good governance practices in the assigned Department.
- Leadership and management – ability to lead teams, mentor and coach staff to goal definition and achievement.
- Professionalism – maintains a professional approach based on ethics and NBK values.
- Integrity and honesty and ethics- ensures ethical practices and integrity and ensures NBK is not put at reputational risk.
- Customer orientation – is customer focused striking a solid balance between external and internal customer orientation.
How to Apply:
Send your CV and application letter showing how you meet the role requirement stated above to: [email protected] by Monday, 15th August 2022.
Please note that applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the next stage/s of the process.