Network Administrator Job, Current IT Jobs,
Kenya Methodist University (KeMU) is a chartered private University sponsored by the Methodist Church in Kenya. The University has its main campus situated in the outskirts of Meru town with campuses at Nairobi and Mombasa. We would wish to invite qualified applicants for the following positions:
NETWORK ADMINISTRATOR: KeMU/VC/ICT/1/12/2020
Reporting to the Head of ICT, the following are the duties and responsibilities for Network Administrator:
- Perform a wide range of network administration duties including installations, debugging, maintenance, upgrades, and general support for
- Installs and configures WAN and LAN elements to ensure business needs are
- Configure and maintain 802.11 network especially WLAN Controller and its Lightweight
- Maintains documentation regarding network configurations, operating procedures, and service records relating to network hardware and
- Provision of timely and high quality and cost-effective network infrastructure to support the University
- Researching on and deployment of modern technologies and its application of industry standards and best practices to network
- Provide support for subsidiary network teams and act as an escalation point for all network related
- Evaluate, test, and deploy all software and hardware upgrades to the networking infrastructure.
- Proactive monitoring of all network devices, services, and servers using a combination of tools to ensure high availability and SLA’s.
- Collect and review network utilization data for capacity and planning
- Assist in the configuration and deployment of core and peripheral network devices, which will require continuous learning of new devices (i.e. Nexus switches, ASR routers, and long haul optical equipment).
- Assist in developing, implementing, testing, and maintaining disaster recovery
- Manage & troubleshoot network and Internet connectivity throughout the
- Ensure proper and regular circulation of updates so that university staff are educated about phishing, Password Cracking, Malware, spam and general security breach
- Ensure regularly and in close coordination with the Head of ICT Director that the budget planning incorporates project budgets, IT staffing, infrastructure, replacement, upgrades, licensing and maintenance
- Managing Access control systems in the University for both KAPS Underground parking and Door Access
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a busy environment working with networking equipment specifically, including maintenance and
- Significant experience working with Linux and Windows servers and network monitoring
- ITIL Training
- Linux Administration
- Knowledge and experience in Firewall Management & Network
- Strong interpersonal, communication and leadership
- Ability to maintain confidentiality with sensitive customer and internal information
- Cisco training & Certification such as CCNA, is an advantage
How to apply
Interested applicants should send three (3) copies of their application, accompanied by detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV), copies of academic and professional certificates, National ID card or passport, and other relevant testimonials.
A) Three (3) hard copies of the application (Letter, CV, Certificates and Testimonials) should be sent to:
The Vice Chancellor
Kenya Methodist University
P.O. Box 267 – 60200 MERU, KENYA
Additionally, an electronic copy of the application (Letter, CV, Certificates and Testimonials) in PDF format should be sent to:
Applicants who will be invited for the interview will be required to bring the following:
Clearance certificate from;
- Kenya Revenue Authority
- Higher Education Loans Board
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission
- Credit Reference Bureau
- Certificate of Good Conduct from Criminal Investigation Department
- Letters of recommendation (in sealed envelopes) from at least three persons familiar with the applicant’s professional experience and general character one of whom must be the pastor of their local church
To be received on or before 30 th December 2020 . Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
All the positions above require individuals who are committed to Christian values and are of high ethical standards, integrity, and professionalism.
KeMU is an Equal Opportunity Employer.