- Company: Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: - Engineering Jobs in KenyaIT/Telecom Jobs in Kenya
The Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA) was established by an Act of Parliament, Chapter 469 of the laws of Kenya , which became effective on 1st July 1995 . The Authority is charged with the responsibility of collecting revenue on behalf of the Government of Kenya. A Board of Directors, consisting of both public and private sector experts, makes policy decisions to be implemented by KRA Management. The Chairman of the Board is appointed by the President of the Republic of Kenya . The Chief Executive of the Authority is the Commissioner General who is appointed by the Minister for Finance. PURPOSE OF KRA Assessment , Collection, Administration and Enforcement of laws relating to revenue.
This role is responsible for support of marine planning and serviceability of patrol crafts and standby generators in the assigned station.
- Operation of all equipment and machinery onboard
- Carrying daily preventive maintenance of main engines and auxiliaries
- Carries out pre- sea checks and post sea checks
- maintain daily engine room logbooks/registers
- maintain boat fuel register
- Machinery watch keeping
- Report defects to the supervisor Engineer and maintain defects register for individual patrol boat
- Carries out daily user checks of all machinery and accessories onboard.
- Proper housekeeping of all machinery and machinery spaces
- Support marine enforcement operations
- Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (K.C.S.E) D+ And above
- Diploma /Certificate in Marine Engineering or related field,
- Certification in board and outboard marine engine maintenance.
- STCW 95 Certification
- Diploma/Certificate in Customs Administration as an added advantage
- Minimum of 3year’s work experience in similar role
- Knowledge of outboard engine maintenance
- Knowledge of operation and maintenance of marine engines/equipment
- Oral and written communication and presentation skills
- Adaptability to change
- Time management
- Good interpersonal skills
- Customs Business Understanding