- Company: DanChurchAid (DCA)
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nakuru
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: NGO Jobs in Kenya
DanChurchAid’s aim is to strengthen the world’s poorest people in their struggle for a life in dignity. Our work is based on a Christian view of humanity with respect for every individual’s rights and equal worth. DanChurchAid is rooted in the Danish National Evangelical Lutheran Church, but is active wherever we find the need is highest, regardless of religion, gender, political beliefs, race, national or ethnic origins, handicaps or sexual orientation.
DCA is seeking to recruit an experienced and energetic Kenyan National for the following position: Project Coordinator Youth Empowerment – AjiraPoa! Project: The position is based in Nakuru, with frequent field travel within Nakuru and to Nyandarua and West Pokot Counties and reports to the Area Programme Manager (APM) based in Nakuru.
The main responsibilities of the PO are:
- Manage all the DCA direct implemented youth empowerment and job creation initiatives and activities of the project. This includes the DCA self-implemented components in Nakuru and Nyandarua counties and partner led actions in West Pokot County
- Facilitate DCA initiated innovation initiatives at the field level in close consultations with the APM, Head of Programme (HoP) and DCA consortium partners. These will include private sector & academic partners and related innovation incubation and prototyping to enhance youth economic and well-being outcomes.
- Support the day to day implementation of DCA and partner staff project interventions at the field level. This entails development and execution of detailed implementation plans, having a teaching and facilitative role, staff supervision as well as monitoring and evaluation of the project.
- Network and coordinate with other field operational I/NGOs, UN Agencies and County Government and explore/advise on possible areas of collaboration/partnerships to enhance program synergy.
- Facilitate, support and initiate digitised baseline, monitoring and evaluation data collection and other assessments and generate relevant reports as well as support concept paper development at the field level as part of DCA fundraising efforts.
- Facilitate/support collaboration and cross learning among DCA projects & partners through information sharing, exposure visits and active partner participation in DCA platforms/forums.
- Facilitate logistical arrangements for DCA staff, consultant field visits and donor visits in consultation with the Manager – Nakuru Sub Office.
- Perform any other responsibilities as determined and assigned by the APM from time to time.
- University level education in business, development studies, social sciences or any other relevant academic qualification.
- Technical and demonstratable skills and hands on experience in youth empowerment (including aspects of enterprise development, job creation and placement services), financial inclusion work, agri-business support, organisational capacity development and intensive lobbying and advocacy aimed at employment/employability policies.
- Having graduated from a TVET institution or working within a TVET institution; deep knowledge on curriculum development and engagement with TVET institutions are an added advantage.
- Experience cultivating and managing engagement with private sector actors.
- Good interpersonal skills and a proven team player. Demonstrated leadership skills and ability to support teams remotely. Self-driven and results orientated in challenging rural working environments.
- Experience in training at field/community level and excellent reporting skills. Excellence in English, oral and written.